Yeti and other brands

A hot trend seems to be the high-priced Yeti thermoses or carafe coffee containers that keep coffee piping hot for a ridiculous length of time. I’ve gotten used to my coffee cup, with lid, to run out of heat after about an hour, and then I can sip on lukewarm or cold coffee (could be worse), can make a fresh pot in the company break room (no time!!!) or hope that someone else makes a fresh pot (small office- no way!). So, a while back I saw a promo for Yeti products and quickly lost interest when I noticed their containers were priced upwards of $40.00. My coffee doesn’t need such luxury. But lately, several people have mentioned the “Bubba” brand as just as good but with a much more reasonable price tag. Any recommendations or reviews on these kinds of products?

No personal reviews, but RTIC is getting good buzz, too.

Living in coastal Florida, coolers get a hardcore workout.

1 Like

Just bought 3 of the Ozark Trail 30 oz from Walmart for $9.74 that gets 5* reviews and is very similar to the Yeti, except for the price!

Perfect for drinks in the pool and the ice doesn’t melt.

We’ve bought two-packs of Contigo thermoses at Costco. They keep hot coffee hot for hours (4-5 usually). Don’t recall the price but I think <$10 each.

Aloha: "Just bought 3 of the Ozark Trail 30 oz from Walmart for $9.74 that gets 5* reviews and is very similar to the Yeti, except for the price!

Perfect for drinks in the pool and the ice doesn’t melt."

Since you posted, I am hearing more about “Ozark Trail” brand. Definitely on my watch-list! Thanks, again!

1 Like

I have a old Playmate . Ice chest , Had it for years . Pack my lunch in it , Holds ice and beers well also . Works great .

1 Like

bought the Ozark Trail cups for the offspring, who manage to lose every expensive double-wall drink holder I buy…at $10, I’m still grumped when it disappears, but it’s not the end of the world.

It’s been left next to the sink with a few swallows of whatever they were drinking and a half-dozen ice cubes…and the ice is still there when I get into the kitchen the next morning. Pretty impressive!

There are a ton of videos comparing RTIC, Yeti, and Ozark Trail cups side-by-side – and there’s really no discernible difference, whether it’s keeping hot things hot or cold things cold.

2 Likes