Yet another NYC trip. Part 2

Sunday we put ourselves in the hands of a foodie friend , @DaveCook. Every time we get together with Dave, we wind up stuffed to the gills. Coincidence? Gluttony? Correlation? Causation? I leave it for you to decide.

We went to a royal robing ceremony at a gorgeous Thai temple. We got won ton noodle soup, rice dough peanut and pork dumplings, chicken larb, 2 kinds of som tum, one the spiciest I have had in decades and the other said “hold my beer!”. Obviously I survived.

Next up, Philippine Street food festival. We had chicken and chicken gizzard skewers.

Last stop, a Bhutanese spot. We sat outside and enjoyed Datzi, hand pulled noodles and cheese (cottage) momo. Superb.

Back to the AirBnB for a nap then off to Kondo where we had been invited by them to come to their friendsgiving party. But they forgot to put us in the reservation book.

So we went next door to Sanfords to drown our sorrows. We started with the 2007 bottling of Old Ezra NO. 7 from a Japanese bottling. Really good but current released are every bit as good or better as the 2007 was 101 proof and the current is cask strength at over 120 proof. Ezra knows high proof!

Next was the 2023 bottling of Michter’s 10 year rye which was incredible.

This was followed by 2021 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. I was disappointed by the 2022 I tried at Old Forester in Louisville, but this vintage was kick ass. It seemed like a lighter version of King of Kentucky, my favorite tipple of all time. Good thing work won’t sell me a bottle as who needs a $249 bottle of near perfection. Me, but it is out of the question so my dilemma is averted. The dilemma is great bourbon or Kay letting me live. But Christmas is coming and you can save a life for the cost of 50 cups of coffee from Starbucks. And I’m saving you by preventing you from drinking 50 cups from Starbucks!

Last was a single cask of NY distilled rye that spent 10 days in an amburana cask. Dessert!

And after last, Ram, our excellent whiskey dealer, gave us a Penelope 4 grain. I am really beginning to think I am a four grain slut as I have Redwood Empire’s outstanding Rocket Top 4 grain rye.

To go along with the 5 oz of spirits, we enjoyed a superb tuna tartar and great oysters.

We left happy and over our disappointment.

![20231119_183015|700x700](upload://nGOxEWaJeb4mspyj3

!

[

9 Likes