Wyoming Governor Looking For a Chef

This job on Indeed caught my eye. I am not a chef. Someone who is may find this interesting.

The Wyoming Governor is looking for a full-time Professional Governor’s Chef to work in the Governor’s Mansion in Cheyenne. The person hired should be able to perform cooking, baking, and food prep work for a variety of dishes, including cultural dishes, for the Governor, the Governor’s family, luncheons, banquets, parties, receptions, etc. both for the Governor and the Governor’s Spouse, their guests, and other staff of the Governor’s Office. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Menus must be prepared at least one week in advance for approval by the First Spouse. Handwash and maintain the official State China and silver for official state events. Events may be held either on or off site.Create table diagrams for events. Supervise and direct all kitchen staff. Inventory and order all food and supplies for kitchen at least one week in advance. Starting pay is $31-35.00 per hour. Technically, the job is listed as Governor’s Administrative Staff 3.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot work and stress for a rather low hourly rate, all things considered. Maybe housing is included?

1 Like

That’s true for all restaurant jobs.

Unless, of course, you are a fast food worker in CA.

2 Likes

Considering how much money flows through the governor’s office, I’d think this is an April Fool’s joke.

Not a joke.

I’m not sure if this would be considered a Federal job or not. Health benefits might be involved. And someone with all those responsibilities should live in house. The hourly wage isn’t anything to to sneeze at considering a bunch of overtime would be involved. Of course once you hit a certain amount most of it goes to taxes. Well, might be the right job for the right person. And all the headaches that go with it.

3 Likes

Probably not federal, but most state jobs have pretty generous benefit packages as well. And I was thinking the same regarding OT, though I’m not sure how much entertaining the governor of Wyoming is expected to do.

Not a job for me, but probably a decent gig for someone looking for a broad based experience.

1 Like

The Alabama Governor’s chef did pretty well on Top Chef a few seasons ago. So, there’s that! :grin:

2 Likes