WTF is this world coming to?

Gonna need a manicure with Velveeta-scented nail polish to sip my Velveeta martini in style. I like it when my manicure coordinates with my cocktail, LOL.

4 Likes

That sounds kinda cheesy.

7 Likes

Someone I know would add her husbandā€™s fancy Scotch to her Coke when she ran out of Rye.

Same person asked if I had any Rye and Coke at my Beaujolais Nouveau party.

2 Likes

Permanent ban.

I took a glass of Moulin-a-Vents away from someone who told me it was ā€œtoo strongā€.

She forgave me when I brought a bottle of Yellowtail Shiraz to her next party. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Oh my lordā€¦ that is a travesty. But to each his own.

1 Like

Oh dear please no no no. This sounds wretched.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2022/07/21/velveeta-cheese-martini-veltini/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3t-WAme9plZrpiHwSKL79128FZ6zOhOvtT_tR1c3SR2MUNMStGN7fk2Hs

No surprise to anyone.

5 Likes

I forgot what TV News person from the 70ā€™s I heard being interviewed, but sheā€™d told a story about how rampant and accepted sexual harassment was in the 70ā€™s, and she said ā€œya know, in the 70ā€™s harass was two words.ā€ (ā€œher assā€, in case youā€™re slow like me.) Lauren Bacall maybe.

I like the article. ā€œVelveeta isnā€™t ideal for a cheese plate.ā€ No 'tā€™ainā€™t.

As a woman who has worked in manufacturing and construction since the late 80sā€¦how many stories do you want to hear?

I worked in manufacturing in the 70s, where men and women did the same jobs. I have no stories. I wonder what the difference was.

I couldnā€™t begin to guess.

Iā€™m still in the same industry so obviously it wasnā€™t career ending, but I can assure you that discrimination and harassment made regular appearances.

1 Like

Thatā€™ s terrible. I guess i have been extremely lucky.

OMG, I couldnā€™t imagine. Men were so enabled then. I remember the 70s and 80s really well.

1 Like

So has anyone tried it yet?

Enabled or entitled?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

I donā€™t see as being a one off issue. My nieceā€™s wedding had Mashtiniā€™s as the ā€œdrinkā€ of choice. And there wasnā€™t a bit of vodka or gin in them! Talk about a sacrilegious adaptation of a classic!!!
I blame her surroundings. She was a yoga sort before yoga was ā€˜the thingā€™.

Sunshine, there was a semi-famous (in Arlington VA) brouhaha back around 2010 when a customer asked a barista to give him a double expresso poured over ice. The barista refused, stating that he would not ā€œdemean the beanā€. And the customer stormed out. No big deal, right?
Well there were three different bloggers that heard the whole thing go down and all of them blogged about it, and there is where the brouhaha began and was fought out.
It was hilarious how seriously some people took their espresso.

Double espresso over ice was my regular order when I lunched out with some wine-loving friends, As I had an hour drive after lunch, I stuck with espresso. Until one day I had two or maybr three doubles and my hair started to stand straight up. Or it felt like it. I switched to bitters and soda.

5 Likes

This yogini doesnā€™t try to raise the vibration of a classic tipple.

2 Likes