2. Belcanto (Lisbon)
  3. Elkano (Getaria)
  4. Quique Dacosta (Dénia)
  5. Asador Extebarri (Atxondo)
  6. DiverXO (Madrid)
  7. Disfrutar (Barcelona)

Number 1–(as many predicted)-----Lima’s CENTRAL

See the full list here-

The “World’s Best Sommelier” award was presented to Miguel Ángel Millán of DiverXO, while the ICON award winner was Andoni Aduriz of Mugaritz.

Interesting that Quintonil now surpassed Pujol

I believe you have made a mistake in quoting and presenting the list!!

" At No. 2, Disfrutar was the highest ranked in Europe, while Central was the highest ranked in South America "!

Madrid’s DiverXO is #3!

Yes, Charles, you’re absolutely right! Thanks for the heads up.

This is what I thought I had written!! Something went wrong when I posted! Or maybe it was auto correct?
31. Mugaritz
25. Belcanto
22. Elkano
20. Quique Dacosta

In fourth place, Etxebarri

In third place, DiverXO

In second place and best in Europe, Disfrutar

1 Like

Nice to see Spain well represented. The list in general, as always, is baffling.

Well put.

As always, it’s inherently unrepresentative (unless the world shrank to only the locations they want to cover):
“As ever, the list aims to evaluate and subsequently rank the entire world’s global culinary output.”

It’s about as representative of the world as American baseball’s “World Series” is :joy:

1 Like

Keeping it still Spain related, at least to some extent the choices reflect where the cuisine is, even if the restaurants wouldn’t necessarily be the ones I or others might choose. The Asian selections in particular show a lack of appreciation for the current. scenes in Bangkok, Singapore and Japan.

Agree, the “World Series” makes as much sense as the UEFA “Champions league”, many of whose participants are not champions….