Wonderful Winter Wishes!

Wonderful Winter wishes to all of you wonderful contributors to this delightful site. May your ovens and burners be warm, keep working, your food storage be safe and your implements functional. May your tummies be full and that you can share with those who’s are not. May you continue to delight in all things gastronomical and you pass your delight on to others. Blessings to all! Be warm and safe! Peace be with you! Cheers!
It was -27°F yesterday morning and I am feeling so blessed we were able to stay in our house and be warm. I was thankful to have an oven that worked all day to bake, bake, bake and a stove to brown the butter that the brown butter ricottra cookie recipe needs. And very thankful I didn’t need to run out or send the roomate to the store to pick up something I had forgotten.

13 Likes

Same!

I’m currently in Gjirokastrer, Albania. The last 3 days I’m waking up to this… The only time it’s not cold is in the afternoon when the sun has melted the frost and ice.

Be thankful for everything you’ve got at home. Or come to the Albanian countryside, live like the countryside people here for a while and ya’ll complain no more about first world’s “hardship”.

13 Likes

Be grateful for whatever you have, wherever you are.

The Albanians have not been experiencing the weather that has struck most of North America over the past 48 h.

Happy Holidays.

3 Likes

Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday!
I’m glad to be part of this community… we are like-minded and opinionated at the same time. It’s great!

All the best for a happy and healthy 2023 :smiley:

Your friend, iluvcookies :cookie: :fortune_cookie:

6 Likes