Wolfgang's Steak House Murray Hill

According to my visiting Israeli friend: “You can’t get a good steak in Israel.”
So, we walked over to Wolfgang’s on Park Ave to see if the steak is as good as I remember from years ago. I don’t usually go to steak houses as I prefer ethnic cuisine.
Our dining experience was nothing short of amazing. We loved the space with the vaulted ceiling. Our server “Michael” was attentive without being annoying. The food was off the charts fabulous.
We shared an ample Caesar salad and tuna tartare, both excellent.
For our entree we chose the special “Tomahawk” ribeye, for two, medium rare, which was cooked to perfection, tender and juicy. More than enough for two hearty eaters. We had leftovers.
A side order of sautéed spinach was cooked perfectly with extra garlic as requested
With drinks and gratuity the tab was $200. Quite reasonable. I.M.H.O.
Michael gave us each a shot of tasty Port to finish off the meal. No room for dessert!!

1 Like

That is not bad for a steakhouse, and a glass of port to boot! I’ve never been to that steak house - thanks for the info.

Did not like it at all. Only ‘house’ wines by the glass of questionable value conceded the waiter. Steak was mediocre, Keen’s FTW.

I"m glad you enjoyed Wolfgang’s. They have a NJ location which I have visited and while it is certainly a good steakhouse I prefer the Empire & Ben and Jack’s brand in NYC better. (Empire and Ben and Jacks are owned by the same family)

Wolfgang, Ben, Jack – all alumni of Peter Luger, no?

Very astute observation!

Surely there are more alumni making it on their own, and it’s likely you know their names.