WIN SON in [Williamsburg] sounds enticing

This article and podcast by David Lebowitz makes Win Son sound super enticing. Has anybody been?

I’ve been once, solo, for a Taiwanese-American brunch of sunnyside-up eggs atop lu rou fan, minced pork belly over rice, and a hash brown with tofu mayo, fried basil, and five spice. This would be a good spot for a smaller group.

2 Likes

I have a lot of friends who rave about the two Win Sons but I have tragically never been.

Taiwanese-American breakfast at Win Son Bakery, catty-corner from the original Win Son: milk bun zhu jiao, with egg and braised pork hock, and custard toast. The bakery is a good place to drop in, and even then you might wait, but it’s tough to squeeze in a group.

2 Likes

It was a one and done for me personally. The flavors just didnt pop enough if I recall

my D lived almost right across the street and was there often before the lines started. It’s also gotten expensive, especially so for her since she works at a non-profit.

so many things have gotten expensive… I picked up 3 bagels at Bagel Pub on Sunday and they were $6.50 before requested tip!!!