Willy Burger - Beaumont and Katy, Texas

I know that Jaymes discovered the Katy location and Doobs has been to Willy Burger more than once, and I’m happy to say I made it to the Beaumont location and think this gem needs its own thread.

Holy cow, they grind 60 lbs side of Angus beef EVERY DAY, and form the burgers and flat top grill them with only s&p it seems. The onion rings are battered and cooked to order. It’s all served hot and with the freshest ingredients. Here’s my single cheeseburger with American cheese and grilled jalapenos, along with the onions ready for frying (I recall a pic of that onion bin posted here before at the Katy location):

IMG_2044!

IMG_2045

I loved sitting at the counter and watching the cooks and they were having fun too. But the seating in the attached Airstream camper is very cool too.

As I left, I noticed a pizza place called Crown Pizza that is actually attached to Willy Burger. Turns out owner Colburn McClelland also owns the pizza place and has just received a permit to open a Crown Pizza next to the Willy Burger in Katy too. Both serve beer on tap and a couple of wines in tiny bottles. Yelp has some interesting reviews on Crown Pizza, it does well there. A specialty pizza has fried frog legs on it, but you can build your own too! :grin:

Video of Burger of the Season Award, Texas Bucket List:

2 Likes

Sittin’ at the counter, watchin’ 'em grill the burgers? Sounds great. Is that the set-up in Katy, too?

Is that a slice of American or cheese from a squeeze bottle or what?

As I recall from Jaymes, yes, there is a counter in Katy!

It’s a lovely slice of American cheese that is thrown on the burger and clapped with a lid after a deftly applied water squirt from a squeeze bottle. Supreme meltage.

And @DoobieWah, easeplay aystay? That’s a coded message. :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh and, the beef tasted amazing. Some of it hanged (hung?) off the side of the bun and I was happy to eat it just by itself it was so delicious.

1 Like

Puhmenna cheese! Yas! I’ve read about that before, somewhere in the SE I think. Never tried it though. It looks Willy Willy Good.