Will be in the Los Angeles area Wednesday to Sunday.

Agree. I like to try new spots whenever I visit LA but Holbox and Langers are places I always go to.

3 Likes

I’m sure I can figure it out, but any suggestions for getting to and from Langer’s from the JW? I’m thinking I’m going to want to bring back a PSTOP . P for pastrami. On a plane. Probably 3 hours from boarding the plane to nestling it in my home fridge or freeze.

Hi @BoneAppetite ,

Ah, I hear you. It’s the #54 Sandwich. The default of the #54 is “Pastrami and Corned Beef Combo” Sandwich, however, Langer’s will swap out the Pastrami for Beef Tongue for free (and you should). Multiple servers have told us over the years that the #54 swap is more popular than the default version (that’s how we found out about it a long time ago). :slight_smile: Enjoy!

1 Like

Uber or Lyft.

2 Likes

“Free” is a deal.

1 Like

Yayyyy! I’m here!

7 Likes

Welcome have fun !

1 Like

Oh, but the traffic ! :grimacing:

FIxins

Great atmosphere, great music, pictures with Kevin.

4 Likes

… and great food?

1 Like

I can’t say it was great, but it was very fast, I had an amazing time, and the service was outstanding!

My husband also went, but not in the group. He sat at the bar. He said as soon as he had ordered his food, the food appeared!

“Honey, you just go spend the evening at the bar” = :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the recommendations. I’m in Los Angeles now and holy cow! The traffic is crazy here! It takes forever to get from one place to another so I somewhat settled eating what’s around here. For Peruvian food, I went to Natalie Peruvian Seafood Restaurant and it’s excellent! I ordered the Ceviche with pescado, anticucho (beef heart), Chicha Morada, chupe de camarones, Arroz Chaufa with shrimp, and Lomo saltado with couple fried eggs on top.

4 Likes

Yayyyy! Glad it worked out!

Seriously. Just to turn a corner!

Cara Cara

Walking there from the JW was interesting. Maybe “transitional”? .

Amazing views

Halibut crudo. A little sweet, but okay.

Piri piri fried chicken, with avocado crema. Favorite.

Tacos Al Pastor. Maybe better than what we currently get in our Norcal suburb :thinking: Yes; better. I used to get the ones on a ‘trompo’ where I live, but no more.

Cauliflower Tacos. Not as good as I remember those in New York last September, but good.

Got a ride back.

Santa Monica tommorow, but no reservations yet.

6 Likes

Husband brought me breakfast for lunch! It was very good!

You don’t want to see a picture of what was left.

3 Likes

you got a lot of good tips from the locals here - check em out and have fun!

1 Like

Yes. Thanks everyone!

I’m heading to LA tomorrow. Yell “small h!” every so often - see if I answer.

4 Likes

Hi @shrinkrap ,

Thanks for your reports so far. Glad you’re generally enjoying LA. :slight_smile:

If you’re looking for legit Al Pastor Tacos, and other types of Tacos, let us know. We can suggest some great places, but of course it requires transportation / time in your schedule.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you!

I am having a good time, in spite of it being sort of a work conference.

Husband wants to take my brother to BOA steakhouse in Santa Monica tonight.

No plans for tomorrow yet.

1 Like

Not tomorrow, but if you’re around Sunday check out Smargasburg.

2 Likes