Wild Scallion, Middletown

I can always pull the Indiana Jones line as we’re getting arrested: “This belongs in a museum!”

2 Likes

Enough Talk.
2:15 PM Tuesday.
Be there, or well, miss out on the heist of the century.
If you have a better time post here. I have space to store.

3 Likes

2 Likes

You have the truck? I can probably make that happen. @gcaggiano remind me not to wear a suit on Tuesday.

Q: Is it illegal for me to make “odds” on the chances of success?

(Greg - you’re getting the sign in you want it or not at this point.

3 Likes

I see you fellas are still ironing out the kinks of this plan

4 Likes

No truck. Wanted to add to the absurdity by affixing to roof of my sedan with rope and moving blanket.
I believe there are long bolts holding both signs up. Nuts are probably rusty though.
@gcaggiano indicated he is working at 2:15 and wouldn’t be able to make it. I selfishly picked the time as it is usually my lunch break. Open to changing to accomodate his presence.
Grinder battery charging as I type this…

3 Likes

Well, I am not sure how serious you all are, and to what extent laws would be broken, so I took another more direct route.
It does seem to be an active site so stopped by to speak with guys working on the building. Turns out they are Brasileiros so my Spanish helped a little. They mentioned that it is going to be some kind of fast food but have no idea what kind. Pythagoras (pretty sure he said this was his name) was kind enough to take a photo and send my number to the owner.

10 Likes

Ok, but did you take the sign? lol

3 Likes

No, left my contact info. If we had a reason for a publicity stunt things would be different.
I must say whatever happens that I have enjoyed this whole experience.

3 Likes

Sounds like what someone who took the sign would say!!

4 Likes

Will stop by tomorrow and press the issue.
Usually spend my lunch enjoying the nature and parks that the area provides, but more than happy to spend more time on this. Seems like a slam dunk.

3 Likes

Looks like the opportunity was missed:

Apparently someone smashed the Wild Scallion sign according to this account.

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess they really didn’t want anyone to have it. Weak sauce. Left my number once and business card a different time, you would think that would be enough.
I did see another defunct business sign along the road you may be interested in…fond memories of Bradlees?

1 Like

Only of their record department!!! #I’mOld

2 Likes

I did go to the scene two days ago and The Lobsterman sign was still there. Pictures really don’t do it justice how big and heavy it is. I couldn’t budge it, and even with a group of people, no vehicle (even a pickup truck) could probably have carried it.

2 Likes

Maybe we can find a sign for What’s Your Beef, The Careless Navigator, Something Fishy, Off The Hook, The Quay, Harry’s Lobster House, The Claddagh, or…maybe The Bootlegger?

1 Like

Peters crab house or Russell and Bette’s

3 Likes