Wild Game Night at Dubrovnik, New Rochelle, Feb. 23rd...

Received an e-mail about a Wild Game Dinner to be held at Dubrovnik Restaurant in New Rochelle on Thursday evening, Feb. 23rd. If you enjoy eating game, this may be for you. Included will be a full course meal with such specialties as: Buffalo Hanger Steak, Braised Wild Boar Shank, Stuffed Quail, Duo of Rabbit, and Grilled Loin of Venison. Croatian specialties will be on hand, too. Cost is: $65 per person before drinks, tax & gratuity. It was very popular last year, so reservations are suggested. www.dubrovnikny.com

GR I looked at the menu … the entrée portion of the meal will be a tasting of the dishes
you listed. The appetizer options, one of which is Foie gras , and dessert options are pick one.
I find a tasting menu approach appealing. Have you been to this event?

1 Like

Sounds great! They will probably be using their big wood burning oven in the rear to prepare some of the offerings, too…

It was an extraordinary feast! The dining rooms were busy on both levels. By the time we got there they had added more game options such as Elk to the menu, so choosing was an effort. We started by sharing Truffled Beef Carpaccio and Foie Gras. Both rich, flavorful and decadent. Very nice portions, too. For main courses we opted for: Wild Boar Osso Buco and Duo of Rabbit. Big plates surrounded by root vegetables and delicious sauces. The rabbit so tender, falling right off the bone. The Wild Boar looked like twin-peak volcanoes. Could hardly finish; bagged part of both for take home. Desserts: traditional Palacinke crepes and Molten Lava Cake platter. Washed it all down with bottles of Prosecco and Croatian wine…I have not done one of these themed dinners for a while, so it was rewarding. I used to help create them for some top tier restaurants years ago…and the wild game was deftly prepared and served…The bill came to about $100 per person with drinks, tax & gratuity.

Dubrovnik does a fine job with their themed dinners. With the success of their recent Wild Game Night, which was very busy, they are planning a special Sushi Night on Thursday, March 16th. Their website says it will include all you can eat sushi, shrimp, oysters prepared by a guest chef working with their original kitchen staff. I know from experience that the fish and seafood they serve here are top notch, so this event should be interesting. Cost is $55 per person. Reservations are suggested…