Who likes going to the grocery store ?

Dallas has a football team? The last I heard the one in Irving moved to Arlington.:astonished::astonished:

Anyway, thatā€™s a smart strategy. I personally have been banned from MY HEB because I dilly dally around too much on Sunday mornings so the Wifeacita goes without me.

2 Likes

By her or HEB?

2 Likes

I do, but only when Iā€™m in a foreign country.

2 Likes

Publix is king in Fla. I shop there most often but like to go to ethnic stores as well like Middle Eastern, Asian, Indian and Greek to get some of the good stuff you canā€™t find in the average grocery store

1 Like

I prefer that too. And I canā€™t bring the husband. He buys too much stuff heā€™s not supposed to be eating and ends up costing us a fortune!

5 Likes

I know JCO and Wifeacita personally, so my guess isā€¦

Probably both! :grin:

3 Likes

Her. Our Sunday routine was Zoomba for her and then swing by and get me but Iā€™m never ready to go hence the banning.

I liked to read my book in the nice lounge while she slowly slithered up and down every aisle and sampled the samples.

I generally would buy the protein and then read my current book of choice ā€œSea of Thunderā€ by Evan Thomas an account of the last great naval surface battle of Leyte Gulf in 1944.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s a Destroyer in a Battleship World :earth_americas:

2 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re familiar with the battle.

2 Likes

I really like making lists and shopping for specific meals or projects. I donā€™t like shopping for the day to day necessities. I prefer very early mornings alone. But, I take DH to the FM because schlepping all that stuff and paying for things with your hands full is no fun.

2 Likes

Grocery store, Great Wall :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Before all this I often stopped at the grocery store on my way to work at 6 am. I loved having the store to myself.

Our vacations often revolve around food. How many of even a food savvy group like us can say that their Vegas vacation wasnā€™t complete without a visit to International Marketplace on Decatur?

Just thinking about those days is making me feel a bit better, so thank you for starting this thread.

3 Likes

I like grocery shopping- a lot. We have some really interesting Asian and Mexican grocery stores here, and I think Iā€™ve been to all of them.

2 Likes

Interesting re-reading this in our ā€œnew normalā€.

Itā€™s not my favorite shopping (that would be books), but itā€™s way better than clothes shopping, which I loathe.

4 Likes

Amen!

1 Like

My husband had about a hundred bucksā€™ worth of sausages in his luggage on our way back from Germany- it got confiscated in Chicago. So I didnā€™t declare the bottle of absinthe from Prague in my luggage.

3 Likes

I had a friend in FL that shopped at Publix, but she absolutely hated shopping. I could have spent a couple of hours in there, it looked like a really good store.

1 Like

What the ā€œheyā€. Did those goons think you were going to plant them when you got home?

2 Likes

Could it be a tariff issue with the city/state trying to protect every last penny of the sausage import trade? :crazy_face:

1 Like