Who in WA might be down for an HO get-together?

It’s not that the descriptions sound bad, and in the hands of someone who cared, the dishes would probably be delicious. But most of the prepared foods at our coops are by people who seem to care more about their organic/local/vegan/etc accolades than about how the food tastes. Which is too bad because they treat it like a zero sum game and it isn’t.

1 Like

That’s too bad. Ours is actually quite tasty, just lacking in pizzazz. That why virtuous fits perfectly.
:wink:

1 Like

That is quite a good selection! I know a few people who don’t cook. Period. They may enhance their food or assemble a plate, so for those folks that would be a nice option. I did eat from the hot bar at a Whole Foods in Boulder, Colorado once, and found it to be quite good. Needed some healthy food before going to a wedding, and partaking of the festivities.

I do like the Skagit Co-Op. It definitely punches above its weight. Their produce, dry goods and wine selection outshine Bellingham’s, IMO. I think the non-college, agrarian demographic helps, because in both service and selection, the place is more helpfully healthy than messianic.

Have you been to Bear Foods in Chelan? Smaller yet, but the same regular person vibe. Skagit’s deli counter is especially good.

1 Like

Hey! I haven’t been around HO lately but I’m revisiting it and saw this thread a bit belatedly. I’m up for a dinner or a lunch meetup in the South Puget Sound area (I’m in Tacoma) and, depending on timing, Seattle occasionally. Lots of good food around these parts!

2 Likes