Who does the best grocery delivery in our area?

A couple I know asked me this question and I could not give them an answer since I rarely use food/grocery delivery services. What experiences have you had with supermarket/grocery delivery in West/Fair? Reliability, good quality, extra cost etc…Thanks!

I don’t generally use delivery for my personal groceries at home, but I do use FreshDirect at work and I know they deliver in Westchester. IMO they are fine for the office pantry, but their selection is far too limited and the prices too high for me to use them for my personal shopping. For someone who doesn’t do a lot of cooking or who really only needs the basics, they might be adequate. I will say that the customer service is generally very good (missing items are infrequent and promptly remedied; they quickly issue refunds for things that arrive past their peak, etc.) and their deliveries are always on time.

Fresh Direct is the service I notice most often, but are there others? In Manhattan I know Fairway will deliver your shopping bags within an hour or so after you leave the store…

Peabody - stop and shop

Have you used them. Are they reliable?

Holy smoke- I meant Peapod! Yes, dad uses them in the city and they are very good. Just have to make sure it’s available in your area.

And Sherman!:grinning:

2 Likes

Don’t get your comment, deedee. What do you mean?

Mr. Peabody and Sherman from Rocky and Bullwinkle. It’s been around for over 50 years and a new CGI movie based on the characters was released about 2 years ago.

3 Likes

Thank you, Homestyleturkey. The old one was the best, of course.

1 Like

Indubitably.

1 Like

Kind of makes me miss the way back machine,of course their is always Jake’s Wayback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol, we need a Jake’s thread now.

Haven’t been paying attention. Wayback burgers? Burgers, shakes, fries? A triple triple??? :fearful:

Are they located where H-Mart is?

Are they better than 5 Guys in Pelham or Smashburger in Mamaroneck? Didn’t like either of those.

In case you forgot, the OP is about market delivery services in our area. You are wandering off course. Please start another thread about Wayback, if you wish. Thanks!