Where to have lunch in SF FiDi

I’m usually the one in my office tasked with coming up with a spot for lunch when we have visitors in town and lately, I have been having difficulty coming up with options in the Financial District of San Francisco. Of course there are the old standbys (Perbacco, Wayfare, Kokkari, Boulevard, One Market, etc) but is there anything new that I’m missing? Hoping to find something a bit fresher than those as we’ve all been to them a bunch. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

A bit farther away, Boulettes Larder near the Ferry Building is a solid option for lunch

1 Like

Actually, couple of old venerable names come to mind. Your out-of-town visitors might enjoy as a change of pace from your “old standbys” – book a private curtained booth at Sam’s or Tadich Grill.

8 Likes

+1 to Tadich for an old school SF lunch, with tablecloths. They take reservations now too. For something different, I remember the Amber India lunch buffet being quite good, though I haven’t been back in awhile.

3 Likes

Just note that Sam’s is only open on weekdays.

1 Like

Were I an out-of-towner, I’d LOVE either of these. As opposed to someplace hip and replicable elsewhere.

Dead center about replicable elsewhere.

Speaking of curtained booths and old line San Francisco, we were just reminded that Far East Cafe on Grant Street in Chinatown sports curtained booths too. Might not be meeting today’s business entertaining expectations, so we’ll guess cooking is what one would expect from a stalwart. Our prompter’s street cred is a long-passed close family member whose WWII Navy service’s few souvenirs (and passed-along) include a 1940s-era Far East Cafe menu (likely little changed since then except prices?).

Very cool old booths, and party rooms upstairs.

4 Likes

Great recs everyone. Thanks!