Where to eat around Redding

We’re travelling back from Ashland to Santa Rosa next week and looking for a place to stay overnight . I just found one post on Redding on the board. Wondering if anyone has any further info on where to eat in that area - looking for nice meal or local special or interesting place. Only reference is to Champa - wondering if anyone has eaten at Moonstoen Bistro - or has other recommendations for the area. Thx

If you like steak and cocktails . Jacks Grill is a classic . Old school with that tuck and roll bar . http://www.jacksgrillredding.com/

Not really what you’re looking for, but we had some good old-school burgers and fries at Bartel’s Giant Burger a couple of weeks ago. Found it by accident!

An hour or so north in Dunsmuir, Cafe Maddalena.

Open limited nights.

1 Like

I had a great meal there a couple of weeks ago . Veal chop with fresh pasta served as fettuccine alfredo . The appetizer was stuffed zucchinis blossoms , fried . They had a little goat cheese in them and also a tiny amount of truffle oil .

There used to be 3 Bartel’s, one at 299, one in

DT Redding, and one at the North Corning exit. Not sure about nowadays as I don’t head South of the border much these days.
If you’re still here on Tuesday, Sonomajom, cove visit the grower’s market. :slight_smile:

I’m not ashamed to say that the only time I stayed overnight in Redding, I enjoyed a delightful dinner at Cattlemen’s. Seriously. Perfectly cooked (non-pedigree) steak. Fresh salad. Giant beef rib on the kids menu for my daughter. Great service.

1 Like

Well we ended up staying on in Ashland
There loved Dobra for teas and little snacks
La Baguette for bread pastries and lunch
Standing Stone was one of the few places open after theater - despite some places (liquid assets notably) advertising late hours when we turned up at 10:30 one night and 11 another it was closed.
Wood fired pizza was good - fun selection of beers/ciders and local wine
Pangea great for vegetarian lunch, great soup and interesting sandwiches - also gluten free options

2 Likes