Where to buy Palestinian olive oil in SF?

The liquor/wine shop on Cortland Ave in Bernal had some a few weeks ago, but just recently sold out of their last bottles. The owner was supposed to return home this month for the harvest to replenish stock, but can’t for obvious reasons… Does anyone know if there are other local shops where I can find some?

Thx

1 Like

Have you tried Samiramis Imports on Mission?

2 Likes

I don’t know if they have it but you might try Parkside Farmer’s Market on Taraval.

I’m not familiar with the Bay Area, but I have tried one Palestinian brand, Canaan.
Perhaps you can get them online?

(in fairness, I didn’t much care for it for bread dipping, but it was fine for salads)

Not yet, I just passed by Healthy Spirits on Cortland and was disappointed that they were sold out, but I’ll swing by Samiramis tomorrow. I’m actually housesitting and staying right nearby.

Just a thought, but are you able to buy Zaytoun oil online where you are in the world? It’s a lovely oil which we only use for salad dressings and the like. Supplies to our local retail outlets have never been consistent over the years, due to the blockade so, of late, we’ve been buying it direct from Zaytoun.

It’s produced from olives grown on small Palestinian farms in the occupied West Bank and is organic and Fairtrade registered.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this info! Ordering a bottle right now, but I’ll need to pick something up locally in the interim to use this week. I noticed there’s an upscale brand from Beit Hanina being sold at bourgie markets like Bi-Rite, Le Beau, etc. I’ll have to dig a bit deeper, but perhaps this could tide me over until the online shipment.

Oh
My
God!

Hope you enjoy, Zaytoun also sells top quality medjool dates which may be worth you exploring . Again, grown in the occupied West Bank.

1 Like

Does he know where to find it? :wink:

1 Like

On Castro at (approx.) 14th St. Corner grocery has signs in windows. Can’t remember the name of the store.

1 Like

Thanks for this!!

Maybe Courtney’s Produce. If not, a bottle shop only a block or so away.

1 Like

This is the original location of the aforementioned Healthy Spirits on Cortland. I haven’t been to that one since the pandemic, but they used to sell hummus and maybe other cold meze from the Castro location so it would make sense if they also sold olive oil.

1 Like

You might try Rainbow Grocery on 14th St. They carry some Mediterranean goods.

1 Like

An obvious one that I overlooked: Reem’s on Mission sells amazing olive oil from Jenin in the West Bank.

Abu Salim in the upper Haight sells a Palestinian olive oil, and I assume that means Old Jerusalem does as well (Abu Salim is the son of the owner of OJ)

Back in stock! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

my friend (who I trust absolutely on this matter) was just talking about this! she gets hers from Samiramis imports https://yelp.to/okz8QYGWTE