Where did the eviscerated Kam Sen in White Plains end up?

I tried to go to Kam Sen over the weekend and the parking lot attendant said “it just closed.” I never got to go after they changed it to New York Market or whatever, but I was hoping they still offered the duck. Did it just disappear, or did it move? And most importantly, do they have whole/half peking duck?

I was wondering what this was then I googled it and saw the picture and recognized it. I have no idea what happened. Sorry!

If Kam Sen is gone, can anyone recommend a store between Mount Vernon and White Plains for a half or whole Cantonese roast duck?

Now that Chowhound is most sincerely dead, I thought I would revive this old thread. While not as good as Kam Sen, you can buy whole pre-chopped duck at the Chinese Market in the same plaza as California Pizza Kitchen on Central Ave (Golden Market or something like that).

They get deliveries of dim sum Saturday and Sundays at noon. I tried it, and I thought it was more than passable. The only real difference is, that it is not hacked up in front of you. It’s probably been sitting around for three hours. But if you are in Westchester and want your fix without schlepping into the city or paying through the nose at a restaurant, it’s pretty good.

I know I will try it again.

YIKES, we kind of out-lived chowhound, except this board still gets next to no activity. Both O Mandarin and Goosefeathers offer duck, but both are priced in the stratosphere, for those prices,i’d be more tempted by a steakhouse like Benjamin’s which each time I consider going,I look at the menu (pricing) and it’s like having a bucket of ice water thrown on me. Even considering it for a special occasion, I just can’t justify it for one meal.

Golden Village, I believe. I haven’t been in there, but thanks for the tip! I’ll make sure to go next time I’m in Scarsdale.

aberdeen has both roast and peking duck on their menu. We’ve had the roast duck during their dim sum service, not great, not bad. We’ve also had their peking duck, first time was otherworldly, second time not so much plus they replaced buns with thin moo shoo wrappers. Prices were in-line with manhattan’s chinatown.