When the Breakup Ruins Your Favorite Restaurant

I was low-key appalled at the server who liked watching couples break up, because of the drama. Luckily, so was a lot of the comment section.

3 Likes

I will never wrap my head around couples who break up in public. Sure, things can get out of control, and arguments happen. But to subject oneself, one’s soon-to-be ex, and innocent bystanders to that level of private drama is pretty narcissistic.

And that waiter is an ass. Getting a kick out of other people’s misery? Yikes.

5 Likes

I was dumped right before a concert at the old Bottom Line club in NY. It was a group I really wanted to see, so I sat through the whole thing in agony after crying in the bathroom before the show started. At least she wasn’t loud at about it.

6 Likes

OMG. That sounds awful. Hard to enjoy even one’s favorite artist in that mindset :frowning:

1 Like

Best restaurant breakup:

1 Like

Why I prefer dogs … they never come up to you and say: “I don’t know why, I just don’t love you anymore.”

6 Likes

That’s such an underrated movie and one of those which never needed to be remade!

Sorry to hijack and derail (hehe) this thread, but here’s another one! I NEVER get tired of seeing either film!

4 Likes

Grodin’s toupee retired to a rescued animal shelter in California.

6 Likes

The original is one of my all-time favorite movies. Matthau is just great.

4 Likes

Agree 100%.

9 Likes

Confession: I broke up with someone in a restaurant.
A year later someone broke up with me, in the same restaurant!
Completing the circle, I married the first one a few years later.

8 Likes

Wow! What a story! Makes me want to know the whole story!

2 Likes

I think I saw that Hallmark movie.

Correction: I think Mrs. ricepad watched that Hallmark movie, and I just happened to be in the room.

4 Likes

That’s how it starts, with second-hand Hallmark.

Then they get you hooked and you start mainlining it.

2 Likes