When it rains, it pours...

I swore I wasn’t going to cook for turkey day. Looks like I have to. Folks want a special dinner. Like I don’t cook them great restaurant quality meals all the time. So I went and fought the crowds at H-Mart and spent 40 minutes getting a small 10 lb bird, on sale for $0.89 lb (or maybe $0.69 lb.?) and all the fixings and veggies. As I was heading to the register the fire alarm went off, the sprinkler system went off, the registers powered down, and everyone in the crowded as all hell store got drenched in the deluge, and we were kicked out of the store without our groceries. (And it WAS a deluge. Amazing. Loaves of bread were floating down the aisles.) I had to go to THREE other stores to do all my shopping all over again. And had to pay 0.99 lb for a 12 lb bird in Bronxville at, Ack!, I mean Acme. And I don’t LIKE turkey, or cooking it, especially for just a few people. THBBFT!

So sorry! Yonkers or Hartsdale HMART?
They should have given the groceries away, what a loss for everyone!
gun::gun::gun:

Hartsdale

What a mess I cannot imagine what that must have been like. Or the amount of loss $$$$ and the clean up, not to mention countless others like you who had planned to do their shopping :shopping_cart: there

You know what they say about no good deed!!!

1 Like

Oh my gosh!!! What drama!
The short notice about cooking is definitely exasperating… i hope at the very least all of the washing up and cleaning and will be taken care of for you!

Nope, I have to do everything. My folks are disabled. Guests just bowed out. Thankfully. They invited themselves this morning, then uninvited themselves right after I got back from shopping.

Shouldn’t be a big deal now. An early meal. Pack up leftovers into the fridge and stack dishwasher. Then my place for a nap and then a night with friends sipping and snacking on good stuff.

1 Like

So sorry that happened. Sheesh! Maybe H-Mart can make it up to you somehow. Maybe with a gift card - it would be a nice gesture on their part since they inconvenienced so many people. Hope you had a yummy Thanksgiving regardless.

The meal came out great. I always forget how easy and fast it is to spatchcock a turkey.

1 Like