When did this become a thing?

I love orange cauliflower, and look forward to it every year. If you source from a good farmer, you will definitely notice a richer, more buttery flavor. Much less bland than white cauliflower.

2 Likes

How do you prep it/what do you do with it?

I usually steam it whole, then eat it with a little salt. It’s also good roasted with butter, or makes a beautiful soup, with a little dollop of creme fraiche on top.

I haven’t don’t this one yet, but it would probably make a lovely gratin.

1 Like

Coming soon to the US and everywhere else: “avocado light”. Available in Portugal and Spain at the moment.

30% less fat.
Soft and pleasant pulp.
Fast ripening.
Slow oxidation.
Available year round.

How is this one different from the big watery Caribbean avocados that have been around forever - also about 30% less fat content and calorie content. They also have about 50% less taste IMO and I really only like them as a salad - when you get an avocado salad at a Puerto Rican/Dominican/Cuban restaurant it’s always one of these avocados.

1 Like

I have not tried it. Only available in the 2 countries mentioned. I’m afraid the taste is bland because of less fat content. In that case I prefer the good old haas variety.

1 Like

I’ve been buying purple cauliflower here in Boston for maybe 20 years. Its not at all new, but maybe newly more popular. The gold kind Ive only seen here in maybe the past 7 years.

And now this???

Fake.

This part actually makes it less attractive to me. Hopefully, they are sold 30% less.

The website seems fairly legit, did you check it out?

Not possible botanically. That image is photoshopped. It is a scam, Chinese company behind in Paypal, seeds sent from China. According to some complains, seeds were not growing.

Let’s say if you receive anything and they are growing, they can only do it by selling you a mixed types of different varieties of tomatoes plants in 1 bag (1 seed 1 type of tomato), you will only know the results when you start having your tomatoes in June or July, it will be too late to ask for money back.

Might be possible to have 2 or 3 different varieties grafted in 1 plant, but you will have to buy a plant, not seeds. And the fruits won’t be random colours in 1 branch.

3 Likes

My first thought was that these were just those florida/carribean avocados i dislike. They’re bigger yeah, but seem watery and lack the flavor i associate with (Haas) avocados even when properly ripe.

1 Like