What's up with all the plastic squeeze bottles and other pet peeves

I was the kind that stands on the cap. I totally got the water. There goes that theory!!![quote=“emglow101, post:20, topic:1370, full:true”]
The mayonnaise jars which are now plastic . Forget about squeeze , never . But when that sucker hits the floor it doesn’t’ break . Not a peeve but a improvement .
[/quote]

Mayo in plastic jar works, but not in a squeeze. It’s the squeeze I don’t like. And, though it’s not food, I can’t stand the way the do toothpaste now - squeeze yes, like always, but the stand on the tops design - you have to take those off to get out the toothpaste once the tube gets down towards the end.

I finally found Sir Kensington ketchup this morning. As soon as I got it home I tasted it. It is a revelation of tomato goodness!!! Not cheap, though!

1 Like

I hate that squeeze bottles in restaurants can feel greasy/sticky. I bet they get refilled too.

At home if they are not used regularly there’s that plug of sticky goop which blobs onto your plate or burger. I rarely use ketchup at home so the bottle can remain in the fridge for months - reminder to self, get a new bottle next time I shop.

Thanks to this thread, I noticed this in my market last night (Gelson’s in So Cal)…who knew. I did not open it yet. Perhaps I’ll wait for a perfectly toasty, crunchy tater tot to serve as a test vehicle. I don’t do ketchup on burgers so that’s out.

It was not easy to find. I stuck my finger in there the minute I got it home. It’s pure tomato. I loved it but I hope I love it on those tots!! There is something about all that salt in good old Heinz!

And even more so, the sugar. SK claims it has only 50% of the sugar of other brands.

1 Like