What's the word on Zakarian's 'The National' in Greenwich?

I’ll find out when I go!

Hope I don’t get you in trouble!

1 Like

Just be sure to have the name (Andrea?) of the person who sent the e-mail. I would recommend that you order the grilled garlic bread ,as it was truly excellent, but at least make use of the “unlimited part”. Also let them know it is a birthday- see if dessert is comped or just the candle

Ugh, I’m trying to forget!!! I will try the garlic bread though!! And ask for more - per Andrea!!

Prices definitely on the high side. Lunch menu has a hamburger with chips for $19. Sides $9 - 10. Tuscan bean soup $12. And their craft cocktails $16 - 24.

Definitely not a place I would go very often, but for an occasional splurge… The only reason I did try it after seeing the menu (and prices) was that they were doing a very good lunch-time business. At those prices, I normally would not have stayed if it had not been so full. I would definitely go again

The item that looks weirdly priced is the crudite app for $16.

Perhaps they are hoping their customers don’t realize crudite just means a bunch of cut up veggies

1 Like

Apparently, The National in Greenwich has ‘temporarily closed for maintenance’…a reopening date has not been disclosed.

Any late word on the fate of The National in Greenwich? On one site it says they were due to reopen Sept. 1st. Another still says closed. Is it permanent? A phone called yielded no answer…

The have been closed because of a fire that swept through the restaurant a year ago.
Report is they are hiring and will be re-opening soon. But there need to be inspections, and they could delay.