What's in your lunchbox ?

I’ve always brought my lunch to work . I’ll start with a banana and cheese for my short break in the morning. I don’t eat breakfast . For my lunch. I’ll will have a sandwich that I have made or leftovers from the night before with some crackers or chips . Or you just go out for lunch.

1 Like

I don’t know how old you are. I’m an early mid-century baby. I had a metal lunchbox with a handle my Mom used to pack for me to take to school. She always wrapped my sandwiches in waxed paper and tucked in a few treats - I used my “lunch money” to buy a carton of milk. My sandwiches were usually bologna or other lunch meat on white bread with Miracle Whip. I grew up in the Midwest. I still remember the smell of opening my lunchbox at noon!!

2 Likes

I’m over 60 . I work for myself part time.

1 Like

I just turned 70.

2 Likes

The only time I’ve carried a lunchbox was in my 16th and 17th summer while building grain bins for Farm Service. (The farmer always brought lunch during baling season.) I was terribly lazy when making lunches so I’d toss in a peanut butter sandwich and anything else small and editable. Mom didn’t like seeing me do that so despite not having much money she bought sandwich meat, tiny bags of Doritos, and Little Debbies. I could go on and on about her. She was literally the best person I’ve ever known.

3 Likes