What's for low carb breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Excellent stuffed mushrooms for dinner last night - made a filling out of the mushroom innards, spicy sausage, shallots, garlic and some dandelion greens, plus copious amounts of cheese. The dandelion greens added a really nice bitter complexity.

1 Like

Deleted by OP because wrong thread.

I’m bumping this thread 6 years later, since I’m back on the wagon.

3 Likes

Welcome back! I’m actually going to change the title to get rid of the year - this can just be one big master. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be great. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you!

Nothing like bacon and eggs. :yum:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 11.22.41 AM

6 Likes

Meal of champions, any time of day! I am not much of a morning eater these days but I still have eggs in some form almost every day. Especially when I have a fresh batch of chili crisp in the house!

2 Likes

A day without eggs is a sad day.

3 Likes

Salmon Veracruz without the olives and bell pepper, because I don’t have any on hand, for dinner tonight. Calabacitas on the side.

2 Likes

A wedge-y salad with iceberg, cherry tomatoes, radish, celery, avocado, bacon, blue cheese dressing.

8 Likes

Yum

1 Like

A new favorite salad is half a globe of burrata on a chilled plate covered with arugula, sliced beets, and Marcona almonds tossed in a white wine vinaigrette.

Dinner tonight was tofu, bell pepper, onion, and sweet potato in a Madras curry.

Breakfast was a breakfast taco of egg, cheese, and salsa in a 45 calorie, low carb tortilla. We like the Herdez guacamole salsa.

3 Likes

Looooong week here. We ordered takeout from Texas de Brazil, a churrascaria chain nearby. They sell all of their meats by the pound, so we ordered a feast of sausages, lamb, chicken drumettes and ribs, plus sides of their tasty sauteed button mushrooms and of course chimichurri. Plenty left for lunch tomorrow!

7 Likes

I did not know the Brazilian steak houses sold their meat by the pound. That is awesome to know!

Also, I, too, am on the wagon. Some due to personal reasons, but mostly because my doctors want me to low carb for a bit.

1 Like

Miso salmon and shirataki noodles with chili crisp and cilantro. Big hit with semi-picky husband - usually he gets tired of salmon about halfway through a filet but he gobbled this up!

8 Likes

A rare NY strip with a buttery, crispy crust and a rare center. Salad of arugula, pickled beets, and Marcona almonds, tossed in a white wine vinaigrette and served over halved burrata.

6 Likes

We had egg foo yong for breakfast with napa cabbage, scallions, and tiny bay shrimp:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/egg-foo-yong-choy-sum-and-onion/15928/

4 Likes

Cod, shrimp and scallop curry with coconut milk tonight, with a side dish of curried cabbage-zucchini-cauliflower-mushroom-tomato .

5 Likes

7 Likes

Greek yogurt, berries, pomegranate. Probably pushing the low carb parameters here, but :upside_down_face:

6 Likes