What's For Dinner #98 - the Pumpkin-Freaking-Everything! Edition - September 2023

Thank you, that’s very kind. I’ll be living off of those food memories til next year :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I get it. My PIC is always lamenting that we have to work around our chonkster (and yet he wants a dog :flushed::roll_eyes:).

I just couldn’t imagine never having an animal in the house again - I grew up with pets 🩷

4 Likes

I have searched for that recipe of Linda’s and not found it in search. Would you mind directing me to where the recipe can be located or post it again, please.

1 Like

Don’t harsh my yum, folks … I think garlicky hummus and pico de gallo play well together - with a sautéed pounded chicken breast. Anyway, I enjoyed it, even if it was (partially) my own cooking.

22 Likes

The pico looks delicious. I’m not a fan of hummus, but might like it with pico. Thanks for the idea.

2 Likes

:+1:t2:

I’ve been meaning to make an everyday taco salad for dinner for two nights now. When I heard about Jimmy Buffett’s passing on this morning’s news, I knew the ground beef was going to be used to make cheeseburgers in our little bit of paradise. No picture, they’re yet to be made.:hamburger:

11 Likes

Is that your kitchen? It looks fantastic!

3 Likes

Had some salmon belly in the freezer, so I adapted this Just One Cookbook recipe for miso marinated hamachi:

The recipe calls for a light miso, but I really like red miso with salmon, so that’s what I used. I thought I had some cucumbers to add as a vegetable, but, alas, no. So, lots of scallions instead. Guinness for him and sake for me.

21 Likes

What a fun feast! How’s the foot?

1 Like

Both of our dogs were put down this spring - they were both 16 to 17 and had great runs. We’ll probably get another one in due course now that spouse is in remission. He needs a furry snuggle buddy

11 Likes

I’m sorry. It’s the worst. But … new room for another pup or two to love and give a great life to <3

5 Likes

Which is really all that matters. But I have to say, it does look good!

3 Likes

We grilled a teriyaki pork roast earlier in the week and had a couple of dinners from it. DH took the heel and doctored up a bag of TJ’s veggie fried rice. scrambled an egg or 2, shredded carrots, frozen peas, Japanese soy sauce. No pumpkin nothing but there was wine.
A good Saturday night meal.

20 Likes

@Wtg2Retire here you go.

Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette

In a medium-sized jar combine the following:

4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
4 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 clove garlic finely minced
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 to 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Tighten the lid and shake it all together until blended. It thickens slightly in the fridge and needs to be re-shook up if it sits more than an hour or so.

The above is my adaption of a recipe I had from the Boston Globe’s Food section from 2/28/01. "

18 Likes

Cleaned out all the jars of “stuff” I decided not to move to the downstairs fridge into multiple ziplock bags for easier disposal.Thank the deities that Recycling pickup is next week.

And I really need to stop buying shit at Home Goods. LOL

Quick trip to MB for some fruit.
And ice cream. :wink:

Had a late lunch of a roast beef, Swiss, mayo and lettuce sandwich on seeded rye. Fritos alongside.

For dinner, I made a charcuterie, of sorts. Last of the proscuitto; some Manchego, membrillo, and Marcona almonds; and sliced strawberries, dried apricots, and grapes.

There was wine.

27 Likes

Western omelet(bacon/peppers/onions/tomatoes and cheese) with a side of crispy potatoes and onions for dinner. Fridge clean out.

25 Likes

It is! Thank you! It is much more agreeable since we swapped the Samsung dishwasher for a Bosch.

1 Like

It’s about 90% better. Thank you! I’m relieved to be able-bodied again.

9 Likes

The pico makes a nice contrast wherever it’s served. It always catches my eye!

1 Like