What's For Dinner #86 - the Apples, & Cider, & DONUTS, Oh MY! Edition - October 2022

Quick and easy dinner tonight: sauteed broccoli florets, pieces of onion and sliced carrots, and the rest of a red bell pepper, adding in 2 large b/s chicken thighs cut into chunks.

Added some cooked udon noodles and my Dad’s peanut sauce. Dinnah.

With a glass of wine.

20 Likes

Tod Mun Pla (Thai Fish Cakes) adapted from Hot Thai Kitchen into burger sized patties for subs. So very good!

15 Likes

What are plum for the red . The green . A kind of spinach. The big yellow thing . Peach with burnt skin . The answer .what are…
Food Jeopardy.

Green Thai curry with graffiti eggplant, tofu, haricots and mixed bell peppers, over jasmine rice. A couple cheese quesadillas after.

20 Likes

Pan roasted chicken thighs. Lemony orzo with garden peas and dill.

16 Likes

I realized summer was almost over and I hadn’t made my favorite, pan con tomate. To go with, arroz con camarones. Salad of mixed lettuce, tomato, orange baby bell, cucumber, red onion, sherry vinegar & oo dressing. There was a Negroni and wine.

17 Likes

Shepherds pie with roasted carrots and broccolini

20 Likes

Pasta caprese with sautéed shrimp.

20 Likes

Whole wheat spaghetti with asparagus, pancetta, red onion, garlic, capers, hard boiled egg, pine nuts, lemon juice and parmesan.

13 Likes

perilla leaves with beef broth

12 Likes

No! I adore lemon. How can he do that to you??? Then again, mine won’t eat 1/2 the cheeses, no fresh cheeses at all like ricotta/mascarpone, really dislikes cream, and is kind of a pita who I love.

4 Likes

Our first Sichuan jour fixe this fall was a success. 11 of our closest friends joined us for the feast: garlic cukes, garlic eggplant, dry-fried green beans, mapo tofu (the weakest dish of the night, sadly), chicken w/hot peppers, cumin beef – not pictured as it was the first dish and peeps were HONGRY! apparently :wink:

Tea-smoked eggs for dessert, freebie from the owner. We’ll be back :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I found a couple cans of chickpeas on clearance at my local grocery store. I wasn’t sure what I would do with them, but figured I’d make some type of dinner out of them. After poking around on the internet, I found a recipe for “Middle Eastern Chicken and Chickpea Stew”. I modified the recipe a bit. I used a dutch oven (in the oven) to cook the stew for an hour or so, then served it over saffron rice. It was delicious, my girlfriend really liked it, as well.

16 Likes

So simple and good! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

He sprung it on me after we were married. He also dislikes parsley. When I was single LEMON and PARSLEY were always on my shopping list. Always.

6 Likes

Sounds like grounds for a split.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know that she needs to get that “sour” about it. :grinning:

3 Likes

I guess this isn’t really in keeping with the Autumnal theme, other than being good rib-sticking comfort food for a cool evening.

Last night I made this guy’s recipe for Bangers-n-Mash.

I’ve made the bangers according to his recipe before but paired with leftover taters and chicken gravy. This time I also made the gravy according to his recipe and everything turned out nice. The gravy is reminiscent of a French onion soup. I had the in-laws over and 2 kids were home from college.

So far when making sausage using a KA stand-mixer and knock-off grinder/stuffer assembly (brats, bangers, etc.), I’ve been making 2-3 pound batches. Yesterday in a “Don’t Try This At Home Ever Again” lesson learned, I made about 8 pounds of the bangers. I think it took me over 4 hours, although some of that was freezer chill time between grinds.

9 Likes

Life is complicated!

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:The things we do for love.

1 Like