What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

m8y pleasure. I love that tapa dish. Is it squid tentacles? it looks so good and delicious!

1 Like

Baby squid tentacles called Chipirones …
They are delicious …
Thank you … Hope all is well and calming down with Hurricane Ida.

I like the “jabalí” (boar) recipe too !

1 Like

That looks amazing and delicious!!

1 Like

Leftover steak tacos on excellent and very small tortillas with onion, cilantro, radish and avocado. Anointed with salsa immediately prior to eating.

I ate one before snapping the pic which is why they are not centered on the plate. :rofl:

14 Likes

It was a Use Up Night.

Used up the broccoli.
Used up the garganelli pasta.
Used up the roasted chicken from Sunday.
Used up the President Garlic and Herb cheese.
Used up the heavy cream
Used up the wine that was in the fridge.
(Yes, I have more wine. Like DUH. :wink:)

Garganelli cooked and drained, reserving some pasta water. Sauteed carrot slices and broccoli florets, adding the chopped chicken at the end.

Made a half package of Knorr’s garlic and herb sauce with heavy cream and wine, adding the President cheese and pasta water, along with lots of Tuscan Sunset seasoning and some dried parsley to make it herbier.

Added the veggies, chicken and sauce to the drained pasta, warmed it up on low heat. Served it with a light sprinkle of grated Parm-Reg.

Wine as the side dish.

And Alfie couldn’t be bothered to come greet me at the door as Finny did when I got home tonight. Until l opened the fridge door to get the canned food out. Then Mr. Chubbalicious managed to make it into the kitchen lickety-split. :roll_eyes:

23 Likes

And this is all I need for today. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I know nothing about fish but your picture looks to me like a striped bass, a very good eating fish.
See here…
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 5.56.00 PM

6 Likes

Supper just for me = kinda a frittata with guanciale, garlic, red onion, coarsely grated zucchini, squash flowers.
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 5.00.20 PM
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 5.00.49 PM

19 Likes

yes, it is a rockfish. We get them here every once in a while esp using November.

2 Likes

Here is Luna on her 5th hydrotherapy treadmill session. . She can do 9 minutes today. She started with 5 min on her first day.
When she is taken to our pool, holding her above the pool , she would doggie paddle so fast , it is a trip.
Hope this short video of her session today canlbe uploaded.
It wil not allow me to upload a video. ;et me see if I can upload her at the therapist. They say she is a very happy pom.

9 Likes

In Maryland, we refer to stripped bass as “rockfish”.

3 Likes

Called a striper out here in California. Found here in the surf and in the rivers when running.

3 Likes

They call them rockfish south of New England. But yes, that’s a striper. We can’t keep them that small in Massachusetts - they have to be between 28" - 35". Otherwise (smaller or larger) they must be released.

5 Likes

Spaghetti with tomato sauce and sausage, broccolini

14 Likes

Dinner last night was the tamarind soup mix, added more fish and some Patagonia shrimp, came to a boil. Also chicken breast cutlets from Costco, roast sweet potato tots but no picture. as son started dating them Somehow, picture is in my photo folder in my computer and iPhone but when I try to upload from Hungry Onion website, it is not there. It then appeared today. here are some pictures for roasted cherry tomatoes which was same problem, could not upload it Thursday but now I is available today. Roasted them with EVOO, garlic, spices for 20 minutes in counter top oven.

17 Likes

That’s his “Draw me like one of your French girls” pose. :wink:

2 Likes

Looks delicious! Roasted cherry tomatoes are one of my favorites during tomato season.

No photo but I wanted to share a family friendly dish that I just made up and it worked out quite well. 4 ingredients. Trader Joe’s sliced mushrooms, soyrizo, shelf stable gnocchi, and a can of chicken broth. Method - in a little butter, sauteed the mushrooms slowly until they gave up most of their water. Crumbled 1/2 a soyrizo package in and stirred them around together for awhile. Removed all from pan, a little oil added, then the gnocchi and 3/4ish can of broth. Covered, brought to a boil, left alone for 3 min. Uncovered, stirred it all up - the gnocchi serve to thicken the broth quite well, and added back the soy and mush. Super easy, super tasty. Be wary of adding lots of extra salt as I wasn’t, since the soyrizo is well balanced and the stock reduces.

Served with garden grown cabbage (braised) and tomatoes (raw salted wedges).

11 Likes

Lol! Adorable! That’s how I look when wearing my thinking cap. Well, minus the adorable part.

Friday Lunch with lovely company - Ladies Day Out.

10 Likes