What's for Dinner #71 - the Vacation Time! Edition - July 2021

We just had a visitor of the woodland variety in our front yard - best pic we could get.

12 Likes

Our neighbor had us over for a barbecue tonight. The delicious spread included flank steak, asparagus, mini peppers, and spinach-rice salad.

Aside from the peppers, I did the asparagus and steak. It was so nice to cook on a real grill for a change! (Though the temperature threw me off and it was not as pink as I was aiming for).

14 Likes

Dinner tonight, just gonna call it a cheesesteak sandwich, with quick pickled cucumber, Walla Walla sweet onions and green peppers.

15 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

Chickpeas with chard and roasted tomatoes.

There are so many amazing chickpea, and chickpea and tomato recipes! I was tempted to try so many things, but for tonight, I restrained myself, focused on this recipe for Moroccan Chickpeas With Chard and stuck with Nancy’s chickpeas, tomatoes roasted with garlic in olive oil, and chard. And harissa. And tahini.

The Greek one in Milk Street also included honey and orange, rosemary and oregano. There was one called " Stewy Chickpea “Tagine” with Tomatoes, Cilantro and Golden Raisins" on Food52. No roasted tomatoes, but I also like the sound of " Smokehouse Chickpeas ‘N’ Greens Salad From ‘Salad Samurai’" on Serious Eats.

Before this batch of chickpeas is done I’m trying pomegranate molasses, zaatar or sumac, and/ or tamarind.

16 Likes

Some brie and a plum with :wine_glass:

And then some pastitsio with a Greek salad.

13 Likes

Thank you very much for the lovely message.

Yes, losing a beloved pet, is real hard on the emotions.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Please never assume …

I only tasted that rose oyster but I did not care for that dressed oyster AS it had NO taste of the sea. I only love wild and raw from the rocks of Brittany.

The chef you are looking for is in Hong Kong; not Raval - Barcelona.

Caesar-ish salad (no cheese, cherry tomatoes), pan-seared Denver steak (new cut to me). Forgot the anchovy croutons I made earlier today until halfway through - better late than never, they were a tasty addition. Croutons have a very favorable effort-to-impact ratio IMO, in addition to using up old bread.

16 Likes

Sauteed peppered Argentinian red shrimp (after a lengthy defrost on multiple layers of paper toweling), with 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of white wine added and reduced to a “sauce” after the shrimp were cooked and removed from the pan.

Basmati rice and asparagus alongside, with a sprinkle of lemon zest and slivered fresh parsley over all.

Wine.

20 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s in Keyport, NJ. Details and mouthwatering pictures are in the link below for those that might be interested.

6 Likes

Dinner tonight was breakfast! Homemade Egg McMuffin, hash browns, and yes, French Toast sticks! BF had a yearning for them and I agreed, figuring I would only have a couple. Well, I ate the two pictured and many more! No nutrition in this meal!

Paired quite well with a Maker’s Mark.

16 Likes

French toast sticks. Well that’s a new word . Fantastic

1 Like

I love breakfast for dinner. I’m going to have to try a Maker’s Mark for breakfast one of these days as that sounds pretty good too.

7 Likes

I love the smell of napalm and the taste of fresh squeezed bourbon in the morning.

2 Likes

A casual Sunday lunch … And drive on the northern Empordà …

8 Likes

They used to be on Burger King’s breakfast menu. Maybe they still are.

Or you could have Humphry Slocombe’s Secret Breakfast ice cream: bourbon and corn flakes. I’ve had it - excellent!

5 Likes

I love the field of :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: against the bright blue sky!

4 Likes

OMG, this sounds amazing!

2 Likes