What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

It’s jasmine rice (a quick google tells me it’s not organic) cooked with “riced” cauliflower. I mix the two to reduce the calories and effect on blood glucose :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My husband had some problems with growing the bok choy - it was very spindly and fibrous, with small leaves. Will have to research how we can improve. the Napa cabbage was from our farm share, and I see more in our future. Need to find some good recipes! I think the plan is to incorporate the remainder in pad Thai.

3 Likes

I can’t grill here but have awesome chicken shwarma marinade that blows my mind:
2 lemons, juiced

½ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil

6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced

1 teaspoon kosher salt

2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

2 teaspoons ground cumin

2 teaspoons paprika

½ teaspoon turmeric

A pinch ground cinnamon

Red pepper flakes, to taste

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs

1 large red onion, peeled and quartered

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

13 Likes

Not much inspiration to cook lately. Lots of easy meals, or the standby popcorn and wine. Last night I started with Molly Yeh’s turkey sloppy joes and added a bit more seasoning and spice. Served on brioche buns, with feta, parsley, and pickles. Side was a nice grapefruit IPA.

13 Likes

Ohhhhh I am so jealous! My snow peas didn’t make it, because of the stupid low fabric planter. I started a few more to see if they’ll take in the raised bed.

The leaves are delicious in a salad or sautéed. Yum.

3 Likes

I was wondering how many leaves you can get away with harvesting before it starts to affect production?

I get this. I did a Spanish tortilla that completely screwed up and now I’ve just got a bunch of eggs and potatoes…but guess who’s gonna eat that for two days!

3 Likes

Perhaps…
USE WINDEX OR HYDROGEN PEROXIDE TO CLEAN THE GROUT ON THE FLOOR !!!

Some Sriracha on top and you have a complete meal!!!
How about a fried slice of thick bologna along side for a true “meat &tater” classic?

3 Likes

^ This. I have been trying to convince my husband that it’s fine sometimes. Not giving up until I prevail. :laughing:

2 Likes

If you like it, try to get some black truffle butter for the popcorn. One needs nothing else, besides the wine, of course, with that. Think your H will readily agree.

4 Likes

Black truffle butter may be the magic words. We actually have a jar stashed away.

1 Like

Good qs
Maybe a few leaves here and there into a salad is wiser…

I just had the last of Tuesday nights popcorn for lunch at my desk today. My husband’s head might explode if I sent him with day old popcorn for lunch. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That would be me. :relaxed: I’m kind of a loner-type in the kitchen.

I have black truffle salt for my popcorn fantasies. The butter sounds even better.

3 Likes

i may have to incorporate that rim on my next bloody…

Tonight we made chipotle-blackberry bbq-sauced grilled chicken, seasoned fries, and kale salad with dried cranberries, toasted almonds, clementines, and bleu cheese.

17 Likes

@emglow101

i may have gone off the rails. Egg fried in the lamb fat, sichuan chili crisp over and under the buttered english muffin. it didn’t suck.

18 Likes

Whaaaa…?

1 Like

BF cooked tonight - Cochon Butcher hot links, fries, and cole slaw. Simple, tasty.

13 Likes