What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Campfire Steak Tips from my local butcher, baked tater with the ol’ PSTOB and some sour cream, asparagi. A single glass of wine.

14 Likes

You always balance your meals soooo well…(I will be over tomorrow…)
Looks so delish… I am under the weather with the PSTOHC…(Proverbial Shit Ton of Head Cold)
Hello Nyquil!

5 Likes

No . Just get them back in the water as quick as possible

3 Likes

No I like skin. While spatchcocking the bird the skin tore and pulled up during cooking. It still rendered ok

2 Likes

Kinda what I thought @emglow101, but thanks for confirming.

1 Like

We had another excellent dinner at Bloom in Verona. Below is a link with details and pictures for anyone that might be interested.

2 Likes

Okay, we can be friends again.

1 Like

Such discipline. Steak looks great. How’d you make it?

BLT - because we are finally getting summer weather in San Francisco.

12 Likes

My BF told me he was making seafood korma tonight. What he REALLY did was buy the ingredients so I could cook them when I got out of work. He got some good stuff. Some scallops, shrimp, and a lobster. What a treat and surprise!

17 Likes

Delete

Hope you feel better soon, @PHREDDY! (I’ll prescribe my usual PSTOT… turmeric, with honey to make it go down easier, and some ghee or butter plus a cracking of pepper).

3 Likes

Impromptu dinner with friends in their backyard. Gorgeous weather.

I stopped by for a viewing of Jupiter and its moons courtesy amateur astronomers en route… mind blown.

Snacks - refried bean tikkis (patties) and dhokla (steamed lentil cakes) plus green chutney and Calabrian chile sauce all courtesy me, plus ordered-in meze.

Dinner was more Lebanese from a neighborhood place - paper-thin flatbreads, pilaf, grilled chicken two ways, lamb, salads, and sauces.

Way too much (great) wine per head… a few magnums, plus some bottles to top us off.

So much fun, a great Friday night all in all!

16 Likes

It’s like Chinese style porridge. I don’t use Thai Jasmine rice for porridge - people in Singapore use that in general. Mine is Japanese rice, way more expensive than Thai rice. A 2kg packet could cost anything around US16-29.

Lots of water with the rice and once the grains and water start to boil, I threw in the meat and stirred. All done in 10 minutes. Lazy meal to go to when I don’t feel like doing lots of cutting and washing.

Yellow is the egg. It’s added after everything’s cooked. Then you mix the hot porridge to “cook” the egg. Alternatively you could use chicken stock or dashi to cook your porridge. Would definitely taste better.

4 Likes

This looks so delicious! I’m drooling :drooling_face: You’re so fortunate!

1 Like

Mixed mushrooms, sauteed and raw

Fish soup (salmon, monkfish, mussels, sorrel)

17 Likes

Well, that’s a start. It looks really good!

2 Likes

Thanks @thwysg. I thought I saw a few bits of egg, but you blend it so well it looks like butter.

Nice! What’s the sauce under the shrooms?

Not dinner but something to eat from a hair salon in Turkey.

16 Likes