I am only at home for one full week each month (due to work), so on those weeks, I’m super psyched to cook for my family and relieve them from the takeout my poor overworked husband relies on. This week dinners (no pix sorry!):
- Grilled! beef burgers with grilled garden asparagus (first crop of year) and watermelon/mint/chive salad (s,p, & evoo). Herbs also from the garden.
- Kielbasa sliced and warmed with sauteed onions and sauerkraut, roasted potatoes, mustards on the side.
- Couscous made w/very flavorful homemade chicken stock, topped with various veg (potato, carrot, celery, zukes, garbanzos) cooked in same stock, topped with chopped mint/chives/parsley from garden and evoo.
- Lamb “gyro” meat w/pitas and greek salad.
- Savory claufouti w/onions, mushrooms, and potatoes.
- Fried chicken sort of cobb salad (we add roast beets and sweet pickle chips).
We try and mix up the meat dinners with the veg dinners, to be a little planet friendly.