What's for Dinner #38 - the Spooky Oct '18 Edition

Last night made the best of leftover smoke chicken thighs that had been pulled from the bone

Diced up a couple small Idaho potatoes and cut up some sweet mini red and yellow peppers as well as shishito peppers and roasted them in the CSO. Added the pulled chicken near the end to heat and brown up. Exceeded expectations

5 Likes

Wow, such a consistent lineup of inspired meals for every mood and taste. From a simple salad with fresh components to what I view as meal masterpieces this thread has become my classroom. Thxs for that!

Tonight is pulled roasted chicken breast in chicken gravy along with roasted pear stuffing, roasted B sprouts, apple cider punch and pastry shop mini eclairs.

If you enjoy roasted pears:
https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/roasted-pear-stuffing-recipe

Rooster

7 Likes

I have Red Gravy slo cooking for dinner tonight. Plus three pounds of Sweet Fennel Sausage in the mix. Photos at serving time. :wink:

7 Likes

Chicken tikka masala with green beans, kitchari with cauli rice added, and steamed asparagus.

12 Likes

I have not tried making it. Looks easy to fix from the quick link I found. Which spices do you use?

Since I stripped the brussels sprouts stalks yesterday, I could conduct my stalk “marrow” experiment - exciting, tried and learned something new!

Stalks two ways - first, “marrow-style” though not really - sautéed in brown butter to caramelize the open side, and topped with herbed breadcrumbs. This was very good, and the breadcrumbs were a lovely textural contrast.

I had saved a few pieces to try in a less fussy fashion - just steamed, topped with a bit of butter and a pinch of herbs. This was actually my preference - the flavor was more clear.

Also baked some tandoori-marinated chicken legs. I’m always disappointed by homemade tandoori chicken, because no matter how good it is, it’s never even close to the real thing. It was delicious, though.

13 Likes

Interesting!

So cool!!! I would very into those stalks!

1 Like

Back to back long days- definitely jumped right into the deep end!! I’m working with a really awesome team and so far it’s amazing except that at the end of the day i am too exhausted to deal with going into the city.
Last night i just had a yogurt from the common fridge breakfast food

And one of these fantastic cookies from the cookie jar! Whatever.

Beautiful view from this morning

Ordered delivery after a 12hr day tonight, first try was an epic distaster, second try finally worked. Ordered moroccan veg stew, side of couscous that sank to the bottom - really delicious! Desperately wanting a glass of wine but none to be had…
will be asleep shortly, tomorrow is going to be another long one.

11 Likes

True confession, I just cooked rice, split red lentils, cauli rice, and good sea salt together. The curry was plenty flavorful.

4 Likes

I wanted to use up leftover pot roast tonight but I was too lazy to make a proper vaca frita, so I made kind of a skillet cheater version. I sauteed chopped onions, garlic, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno and green olives until softened, then tossed in some chopped pot roast and fried the whole mess until it started getting crisp. Topped with shredded pepper jack and covered to let the cheese melt. Onto a plte with sour cream and dinner was done. Rich but yum with a glass of Portuguese Douro.

5 Likes

Which wikipedia tells me is the Pakistani version!

Yes please

That’s basically it for the simplest version, plus a pinch of turmeric!

Very thoughtful. She surely appreciated.

2 Likes

Sounds delicious in combination.

1 Like

That looks very posh and amazing!

3 Likes

I thought she might think it’s weird, but then she told me she had some for lunch today, so I’m glad I did it.

4 Likes

These community gestures are important

2 Likes

Yay new beginnings!

I’m still advocating for two lunches so one can become dinner…

2 Likes