What's for Dinner #37 - the School's Back! Sept '18 Edition

Nice!! With you on the anti-banana sentiment. I love indian snacky things- especially panipuri!

1 Like

Had made the regrettable purchase of shredded carrots (i know, i know, they were on crazy clearance) and they’re weird too thick. Ended up blanching them, chilling, then adding the last random handful of massaged kale, a can of chickpeas, red onion, some raisins, and a dijon heavy vinegrette. Topped with nutritional yeast.
Added a bit too much vinegrette! After pic i added to a bigger bowl with some baby spinach which helped. Munched some radishes on the side with booch to drink as usual.

7 Likes

I used the recipe on Serious Eats from Kenji’s Ultra Roasted Picnic Shoulder. Low oven (250 degrees) for 8 hours. Take roast out and crank up the oven to 500 degrees and cook for 15 minutes. Perfect crackly skin.

3 Likes

Bone in pork cutlet pounded thin. Dredged in flour . Fried in o.o and butter . Removed when almost done . Added rice vinegar to pan, then added back chops to finish . My typical sides . Wine to drink .:wine_glass:Cheers .

8 Likes

swooning on all of this. we don’t eat enough baked potatoes.

5 Likes

Had a couple of small ny strip steaks that became fig & steak salad. Dressing was balsamic, rosemary olive oil, s&p (totally forgot i meant to add dijon); and FM ciabatta croutons crisped in butter & olive oil, With goat cheese, shallots and more FM romaine & toms. i LOVED this. gave BF the less rare pieces, and he was still less enthused because of the rosemary oil. “Too strong.” Pffft. why do i still love him so?

16 Likes

Because of the great meals you have together . I’m listening to Janet Jackson. " That’s the way love goes ".:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Frutta de mare and “macaronis with tomato, cheese and bacon” overlooking Isola Bella in Toramino, Sicily

And rough seas and slow internet on board Jewel of the Seas.

5 Likes

You nailed that steak Maria. Looks perfect, as well as the entire plate. Rosemary can be quite assertive, but sounds great to me

1 Like

Haha, now you know the trick to keep the whole dish for yourself the next time.

2 Likes

Haircut.
Errands for Mom.
It was a beautiful fall day.
And Mom had a very good day. :heart:

Good fall dinner.
Used to be a Mom Meal.
I think she would have liked this version if I was still cooking for her.

Pork & Apple Cider Stew with Sweet Potatoes. Served on pappardelle with green beans alongside. There was wine. Lots of wine.

14 Likes

I’m just about a week behind you. A very happy birthday to you, Dan.

3 Likes

A big ole meatloaf . Watching the clouds creep over the ridge . Rain baby , rain . Put out the fires . Wine to drink . :wine_glass:Cheers .

8 Likes

A beautiful day! Not too hot, not too humid and not too buggy. Just about the time of year when I can start to use my grill.

Dinner tonight is a baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives. Shaved Brussels sprouts cooked in bacon grease. Lamb chops seasoned with minced garlic and marjoram as the main.

Clementines (working my way through a huge Costco bag I had purchased in prep for Florence) and a little dark chocolate will pair up with a cup of tea a bit later.

13 Likes

that sounds like a perfect dinner.

2 Likes

Corn risotto, made with corn water from all the COTC we had this summer. Super corny and delicious! used 2 bay leaves, a little chicken stock, and a nice Viognier. along with (cuz it ain’t no gol’darn meal if there ain’t no gol’darn meat) was Milanesa, which turned out so good I was glad for the BF’s predilections. Tomato salad too.

also, two different shrubs are in the works: boysenberry/lemongrass and fig/thyme. Can’t wait to try them.

‘twas a gorgeous day out. my view walking my seesters’ (well, ours, but they all live at her house) dogs today, looking across the bay at the City.

15 Likes

Love your super corny meal .

1 Like

Καλημέρα!

Survived “Medicain”!

Here’s a picture from S Italy

11 Likes

I need to get back to Italy.

1 Like

Now I’m in Placas, Athens, in Greece.

“Ydria”

This is lunch in Port, but thedinners on the ship aren’t as exciting.
Not in order; Meatballs, souvlaki, halumi, falafel, eggplant salad , baklava.

IMG_20180930_121604

13 Likes