What's for Dinner #36 - August and Everything After

Cats are smart.

My neighbours are away for vacation now, I need take care of their “sick” cat (their cat is in better shape than mine). He needs 1 pill every morning. It was a nightmare to pop it in his mouth as instructed by my neighbour, the cat cried like the end of the world and spilt out the pill. In the end, I need to crush it in the tuna juice and he adored it. Every morning he waited for his tuna breakfast.

3 Likes

I wish I could do this for the circus cat. This med can’t be at room temperature for very long. And his tremors cause food to miss his mouth the first few tries. But he takes it all in stride!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about that. I don’t know, I have an impression that maybe you should go to see another dentist to see if able to find the problem.

My cat too, after a while, he understands that it is no use to struggle, he just protests a bit in a grumpy way, but he accepts his drops in eyes.

3 Likes

I think half the battle with cats is won if you let them feel a certain amount of control.

You’ve made me recall how my mother would give us children medicine when we were too young to swallow a pill! She crushed it and put it into a spoonful of jam.

3 Likes

Animals can be so stoic. A lot of life lessons from them!

1 Like

Crab cakes from the local fishmonger will be WFD tonight. Side of COTC.

Imbibed a bit too much over this last week of endless poker games and get-togethers, so we’re taking a lil booze break at casa lingua.

8 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

Had a very nice visit with Mom today.

And while it’s too damn bloody hot, a roast chicken was made for dinner. This is exactly what central A/C is made for. LOL

Sides were baby roasted potatoes and steamed green beans with toasted almonds. And wine. :rofl:

14 Likes

I grilled a bunch of peaches on the Foreman.

Made a bunch of peach treats from my haul at the farm but otherwise stayed close to the A/C.

4 Likes

What a good boy!!! :heart:

2 Likes

That chicken looks amazeballz. Swoon.

5 Likes

It was incredibly moist! All I did was drizzle it with some olive oil, then sprinkle on a garlic powder/dried herbs with extra parsley and dried lemon zest all over it. Hot oven (450°F) for 15 minutes, then down to 350°F for another 2 hours (20 min/lb - it was 6.5 lbs).

Lots of chicken left for work sandwiches and/or salads.

3 Likes

Your roast chicken is the picture of perfection!

1 Like

Those potatoes are so cute, all lined up together like little edible sextuplets! I love little roasted potatoes since there’s more crispy skin to be had.
Glad mom visiting went well :))

1 Like

Too hot for biking today! I walked almost three blocks towards the citibike station and realized it would be too miserable to do my usual 10miles along the river.
Apparently I’m not the only one buying watermelon lately, two stores near me were out of whole watermelon! The wrapped wedges they sell are always crapola. Ended up with a baby watermelon from whole in my wallet foods but desperate times…!
Back to chopping not cooking here.
Salad of stuff with some iceburg, great radishes, lots of cilantro which I obviously need to be better about plucking off the stems, black olives, basic vinegrette and some peppery mix

Half of the baby watermelon with some of that black icelandic salt.

Might have some mango sorbet mini mochi later (although I already ate a few this afternoon!)

7 Likes

It’s been too hot to shop for much so many dinners end up being whatever we find in the fridge.

In this case, our usual plate of veggies, hummus, and eggplant dip (we like hot sauce on our dip). Leaving off the cheese wedges today but happy to still have some full sour kosher pickles and leftover steamed beets.

I’ve been making salad from some leftover quinoa (my partner has the best hand with quinoa!) - this one is Mexican-inspired, containing black beans, garlic and spring onion, oregano, lime juice, sweet corn, jalapenos, sliced radish, avocado, grated cheese, with tomatoes scattered on the top so they don’t make the salad soggy. sadly had run out of coriander today but is a great addition.

Full and cool!

18 Likes

Looks healthy and delicious!

2 Likes

Burger for dinner! With melted cheese bleu d’Auvergne, honey mustard, onion confit and arugula, beef (rare). It was good. Sided with green salad and fries. Washed everything down with Beavertown Gamma Ray IPA.

16 Likes

Nice looking burger. The beer pairing looks right on.

2 Likes