What's for Dinner #21 - 05/2017 - Garden Banquet edition

Tonight I am going to put a couple chicken leg and thighs in the smoker . Salad of Romaine and radish . Potato sauteed in oo . Wine to drink :wine_glass: cheers

4 Likes

Same for me also . Headed out after the weekend for nine days . Clean out the fridge .:mountain::fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

So, just to make sure I don’t violate any rules, what does “Garden Banquet edition” mean? Is it just a fun label or an actual theme?

Just a label. No rules here, post away!

amazing meal, and LOVE Wolfie & Luna!!

Veal ribs today. It’s almost completely black in appearance! Not sure if the photos turned out, I shall look at them later. In the marinade: Gochujang, ketcap manis (instead of sugar), tamari, ginger, garlic, sesame oil. Sous vide’ed at 75C for 14hrs. The marinade was reduced and poured over the ribs before eating. The sauce was so good. It was a delicious black mess.

4 Likes

thanks

Tortillitas de Camerones

7 Likes

Hello all! not a ton of cooking going on chez nous in the last 2 weeks - i’ve been running out after dinner to help with new baby goats at the place i volunteer, so the BF’s been making quick dinners. not to mention very small portions because i need to lose some. working great so far.

mexico city was AWESOME (posted about it on the Americas board). oh the food! came back and made arrachera tacos like we had at a little taqueria, and cauli ones too, like those at Pujol.

also some chicken tenders dredged in mayo, panko & chicharrones, and some pulled-from-freezer chicken paprikas.

eggs with chapulines i brought back from Mexico City for bfast one day… the BF wouldn’t partake.

did make a batch of kimchi - turned out a bit dark but it’s tasty…
and someone here posted about kombu celery, right? made some and loved the flavor, but my celery was super stringy, even after i peeled it, which i normally don’t do…
spag, and meat sauce from the freezer was up tonight.

gratuitous baby goat pic… so in love with these little girls! i swear i can never eat birria again.

10 Likes

Liked this one . Tuna crudo with pickled watermelon, cantaloupe , radish , and red onion . Pea shoots . Sauteed bread in oo . Then cut into match sticks . Wine to drink .:wine_glass: Cheers

8 Likes

beautiful spread, I can almost taste it now

Wow, you and your meals, people! I take comfort in knowing my ugly black mess was also delicious. :beers:

The ketcap manis and tamari made it look almost black. The meat was marinated for 2 days first, then SV’ed for 14hrs.

We have Australia’s searing heat today so dinner will be cold, raw, seafood. @emglow101’s plating is pretty, maybe I will have a go later. :wine_glass:

6 Likes

Couldn’t be bothered today so this was my dinner. I also ate a whole avocado alongside. New German wine, from Franconia specifically.

7 Likes

Where do you get avocados in your part of the world? I’m eating one for breakfast right now, scooping it out of the shell with a spoon. :slight_smile:

That fish plate looks so inviting.

They are mostly imported from S. Africa. Yes, I also scoop and eat directly from the fruit. Nothing is added to it.

Enjoy your breakfast!

T’was a good day to counteract a bad week. Plus a stock-up visit to Wegmans.

Dinner was roasted pork loin seasoned with a mix of Penzeys Tsardust seasoning, dried lime zest, and paprika, and roasted in the oven (just a wee bit overdone, but still good). Sides were roasted lemon-thyme potatoes, and steamed green beans. Definitely wine as the final side dish. There will be a Klondike Crunch bar available should I want dessert.

Gratuitous pic of the rhody alongside my driveway in full bloom.

5 Likes

Thank you! We moved last year and have this plant in our backyard. I searched and searched but couldn’t for the life of me figure out what it was called.

1 Like

Friday night was a roasted chicken that I had the butcher spatchcock. Herb butter was placed under the skin and the bird rested on carrots, potatoes, and shallots.

Last night we used some of the left over chicken and shallots in a potato green bean salad. All packed up to go for movies in the cemetery.

6 Likes

I don’t eat pork* often at all but wanted to give this pork filet a go. Couldn’t find the name of this cut (“pork filet” in Dutch) to use correct temp and time so I used sous vide instructions for double-cut rib chop as a test. (*pork belly or other fatty cuts only)

Luckily it turned out OK.

Seared the meat, added some butter and OO to make a sauce to be poured over the meat.

Loved this gratin! Quinoa and Riesling alongside.

4 Likes

That actually looks like a pork loin, if I’m not mistaken.