What's for Dinner #103 - the Extra 24 Hours Month Edition - February 2024

Raw or cooked weight?

1 Like

Lol. Let’s say 2.5lb cooked.

1 Like

Dinner was cooked for me tonight, and as always it was a real treat! After reading about the ongoing sriracha wars, I found this recipe in WaPo for sriracha chicken breast and it turned out super yum – not too spicy, even after I discovered the husfriend had supplemented the sriracha in the recipe with a bit of sambal bajak.

20 Likes

Planned dinner was cheese and truffle stuffed gnocchi (that I picked up Also yesterday) with sautéed king oyster mushrooms.

The gnocchi looked promising in the package, and looked great after cooking too. Too bad they tasted awful — the stuffing was weirdly sour and dry.

Luckily I had some rice, dal, and Ethiopian beet salad leftover from the other night. That plus some millet papad made for a delicious take 2 on dinner.

19 Likes

Shrimp seasoned with s&p, smoked paprika, chorizo, onion, garlic, piquillo peppers, splash of white wine over cauli, corn, manchego cheese polenta. Romaine, cherry tomatoes, red onion, castelvetrano olives salad, sherry vinegar & oo dressing.

21 Likes

I really don’t know what to call Tonight’s dinner. I had some breakfast link sausages, chopped broccoli and cheese. I made up some pizza dough, then fried off the sausages. I rolled up the Sausage, broccoli & cheese into a spiral. Finally, I applied an egg wash, garlic powder and white sesame seeds to the outside and baked until golden brown. I wouldn’t call them a calzone, but I didn’t know what to label the pics, so I went with calzone. I welcome any suggestions.

At the end of the day, Sunshine and I enjoyed this creation. I served carrots on the side for some color.

25 Likes

These remind me of Dutch Saucijzenbroodjes (without the broccoli) - they make them with puff pastry. Yours look really good!

5 Likes

YES!!
Thank you for putting a name to them!

that I picked up at Aldi

2 Likes

I thought Also might be some fun new place to shop.

2 Likes

The crab cake looks wonderful, @paryzer . What was the sauce underneath?

1 Like

Happens!

1 Like

It sounds like a place with abundant offerings :rofl:

1 Like

The crab cake was fantastic! The sauce was a saffron aioli. It also came with watercress, carrots, and chipotle.

2 Likes

Andhra Curry Leaf Chicken(karivepaku kodi kura) with Coconut Milk and Spinach Rice
We also had Mooli (Daikon) Raita (all white as you can imagine) on the side.

19 Likes

So vibrant I can almost taste it :heart_eyes:

If you did it would be super Curry Leaf and Green Chili forward! :hot_face:

Possibly. I can turn any dish into :hot_pepper: :fire: :wink:

Yep Chili hot is typical of Andhra style Cuisine.

1 Like

I find making Indian food at home intimidating. So many ingredients, so much effort. I appreciate when someone makes it for me, though, and thankfully have a few local friends who make fantastic Indian food (the restaurants in town are mediocre at best).