What's for Dinner #103 - the Extra 24 Hours Month Edition - February 2024

Tonight’s dinner was shrimp scampi with fresh fettuccine, inspired by @Aubergine ’s post:

29 Likes

All those pasta dishes have me craving some :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: - might be dinner at casa lingua tomorrow!

4 Likes

Got some halibut and sea bass cubes there just this afternoon!

2 Likes

Report back!

Really nice! Poached in garlic/ginger/coconut milk broth, added some sliced and lightly steamed baby bok choy, served with Jasmin rice. Tokyo Fish Market always shines!

10 Likes

I like and (loosely) follow the seriouseats recipe, which doesn’t use much oil (2 tbs)…

3 Likes

Berkeley Bowl West also has fish trim, usually salmon, sometimes mixed white fish.

1 Like

Thanks - good to know! I occasionally (more like rarely!) make a fish terrine - sort of a gefilte fish loaf - and scraps and trim are the way to go.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Weekly Menu Planning - February 2024

Looks really good!

1 Like

Oh phooey pandemic brain strikes again! Can anyone tell me how to move a post from one thread to another?..

That looks so good!

1 Like

no worries – I requested the mods

1 Like

I was quite pleased. It really depends mostly on the noodles, i think.

(post deleted by author)

Your post is moved, as requested by @Saregama.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Salmon is not high on my list but this could be a game changer, very nice!

1 Like

Literally every top I wore to work this week was blue. My boring fashion style is even boring myself.

1 Like

Drank the kool-aid and bought the $99.00 Mila Soup dumpling deal from Costco. Three 50 ct bags of soup dumplings, steamer basket and bowls. Delivered in 2 days, frozen solid thanks to the dry ice.
And surprisingly good. Not Tasty Dumpling good (hand made dumplings a couple towns over), but respectable. Would keep a bag in the freezer once we go through these. Need to find a better steamer base.
Steamed up pork and pork/shrimp dumplings with bok choy on the side. A good Friday night dinner.

22 Likes