What's for breakfast? (2024)

What a beautiful Sunday morning breakfast

1 Like

Thank you Stef…we enjoyed it!

Crab omelet with goathorn peppers.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Pickled egg yolk on a lemongrass biscuit, accompanied by a red bean burfi.

3 Likes

Pork belly breakfast sandwich at Hot Pork in Toronto

9 Likes

I had a “The Flower Waltz” doughnut from “Chai-kobskii”, a pirozhki shop in the basement food hall of the Hankyu Dept. Store in Kobe/Sannomiya, Japan. It was a VERY simple deep-fried milk dough sweetened and lightly dusted with granulated sugar. Cost ¥152/USD $1.01.

You can read more about the place I got it in this post from the WFD thread.

8 Likes

Mmmmmmfried dough (channeling a drooling Homer here :wink: ).

1 Like

Russ & Daughters Cafe. Super Heebster (whitefish salad, wasabi roe, horseradish/dill cream cheese on a bagel toast), deviled eggs with beet chips and smoked trout. Bloody Mary with caraway-infused vodka.

Perfect, no notes.

13 Likes

I love it there.

Cream of crab soup
English muffin with homemade strawberry jam

3 Likes

There really isn’t a clunker on that menu. I even like the kasha, and I’m not the biggest fan of kasha. I would’ve preferred not to be sitting at the counter seat nearest the door (brrr!), but you can’t have everything.

1 Like

Leftover dim sum from Rol San in Toronto

5 Likes

Smoked salmon Bennies. :yum:

12 Likes

What time is breakfast? :grinning: I agree with @linguafood you really ought to open a BnB!

4 Likes

Lol. I live in a small town with its fair share of retirees (among others). It seems to me a common goal is to own property with a short-term rental on it. I don’t get the appeal of - in what are otherwise your golden and kinda obligation-free years - doing the endless amounts of laundry, cleaning, and bookkeeping required to run one. Much more fun to bake scones and eat them.

8 Likes

I get it. It’s far more fun to do things for oneself or loved ones vs. having to do them for paying customers.

My friends often joke I should open a restaurant. Yeah, no.

3 Likes

My favorite!

2 Likes

No Bennies today, as we foolishly gobbled all the Hollandaise. :yum:

Finishing off the package of Bays English Muffins with smoked salmon and creamcheese on toasted buns. Chive scramble.

10 Likes

Another leftover mac-and-cheese frittata, studded with spinach and Italian sausage bits.

10 Likes