What's for breakfast? (2024)

Brooooo! :smiley:

2 Likes

Doritos migas, loosely following the Serious Eats recipe but with plain Doritos. Tasty enough but a bit heavy. Wish I had cilantro to go on top.

6 Likes

Vegetarian ma po tofu dumplings that has become one clump in the freezer

6 Likes

Last night’s leftover savory biscuits with bacon, egg, and gruyere. Biscuits were first pan-toasted, and given a swipe of mayo.

11 Likes

Here ya go @Phoenikia — if there’s a Filipino or Thai grocery store near you, they might have this fish pate that was in every one of them I stopped by today — for next year anyway :joy:

(Also you folks have more British foodstuff than we do, maybe there’s a jar of potted prawns somewhere? I used to bring little bottles back for my dad when I .)

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed potted prawns in the UK but I’ve never bought them in a jar!

Thanks!

I have purchased shellfish pâté from a nice Portuguese shop. Little individual sized pâtés. Unfortunately I didn’t like them .:rofl:

I fear I fell off my Lenten Pescatarian wagon for good tonight - new Filipino restaurant (with a grocery section! Phone battery was dead, so no photos) near me has a nice little hot table. :rofl: (I chose beef and pork)

4 Likes

For your next Pescatarian attempt, apparently I have not 1 but 3 different fish dips Imade, loved, and forgot about :joy:

That Filipino place looks good — we had a Filipino meal here today too, coincidentally.

1 Like

I really wish I never knew that “artificial tuna” flavor existed.

Oh well, there goes that.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I know that was a joke, but hey we got fake real salmon now, so…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Cold grilled chicken.

4 Likes

First breakfast at 4:30 (WIDE AWAKE, not going back to sleep, no siree!) - Over-easy egg on top of (leftover) sheetpan potato/onion/peppers/sausage, coffee
Second breakfast at 9:30 - Oatmeal cooked with fresh cranberries and (freezer find, beside the cranberries) candied pecans.

Not sure how I’m getting through the day without a nap, but in a month when we all “Spring Forward” March 10 with the time change I’ll align with slightly more reasonable wake times again.

6 Likes

Grateful for that tuna flavor - it helped when our sick cat needed daily meds. Hope the bottle is labeled “for veterinary use only”.

1 Like

Leftover spaghetti beefed up with mushrooms, garden spinach, and parm. A fried egg on top.

6 Likes

Tuna on Arnold Thin Slice w/ mayo for a very late (14:20) breakfast.

4 Likes

Good culture cottage cheese, salt and pepper.

4 Likes

Wednesday’s steak-and-baked-potato leftovers resurrected as hash: spuds, beef, mushrooms, bacon, scallions. Yesterday’s biscuit trimmings rested overnight - rerolled and baked fresh this morning. Fried eggs ‘cuz breakfast.

14 Likes

A hearty breakfast indeed! :yum:

1 Like

Saturday is house-cleaning day (for both of us). Gotta get up my strength!

4 Likes