What's cooking for Valentine's / Galentine's / Palentine's Day, fellow HOs?

Apropos. Not really about food, but OT <3

10 Likes

Some years, I don’t manage much for Valentine’s Day. This year is different.

I made salmon with harissa glaze, olive oil roasted potatoes, and spinach salad with balsamic and Italian olive oil.

I did not make this chocolate cake with Swiss buttercream though. Bought from a talented baker. Happy Valentine’s/Galentine’s/Palentines, everybody!

13 Likes

A hungover household does not like to cook. Any fancy dinner plans were shelved in lieu of takeout sushi & a few steamed har gow. NBD #rararomance :smile:

6 Likes

We were in the same boat. Made it through a classic nor’Easter yesterday - power and WIFI sketchy all day. Heavy wet snow, high tides, brutal wind - we went out for lunch in self defense and then our power quit around 5:00 so we ended up eating at a dive bar (the only place open) but their food really sucks so we drank more than we ate and woke up freezing cold and not feeling much like hearts and red roses.

Defrosted some freezer surprise in the microwave for dinner with beer chasers. Hoping for a day of recovery tomorrow.

6 Likes

I had just enough energy to make a simple lemon posset for the household. Kind of a “Sweets for my sweet” thingie.

9 Likes

Offered the choice of steak or small cold water lobster tails, my husband chose steak. Seared in a hot skillet stovetop. Appetizer of chilled shrimp (thawed Costco cooked tail off) with cocktail sauce. Sides were sliced fresh mushrooms cooked in garlic butter, microwaved sweet potato, and a reheat of some spinach souffle. Dessert - mini- 2-bite cheesecake (Costco) with strawberries.

Snow started falling as I prepared supper and I was VERY happy we’d not planned dinner out – by next morning we had 6 inches of new snow.

5 Likes