WhataSecrets

Nothing too interesting here for me. The Breakfast on a Bun Ranchero used to be my go-to for breakfast at Whataburger, when I was hitting a fast food joint several times a week on the way in to work. Even the last couple of times i had it, which would be ca. 2005, it wasn’t listed on the menu but I asked for it and got it.

2 Likes

I’ve heard rumors of still-decent Whataburger stores, but mine, (San Felipe at Winrock) is NOT one of them.

2 Likes

I really like their Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit.

And it’s not a secret, which is a good thing in my book.

Chocolate shake is also very underrated. As are the onion rings.

1 Like

Funny - I’ve never heard of Whataburger, but I just watched this because I like these guys (also love their Korean Englishman YT channel):

2 Likes

Secret menus are lame, just infinite and tedious ways to combine the same 6 ingredients. Most of them are no improvement on anything and just hold up the line at the counter because there’s some douche ordering something that the cashier doesn’t know how to ring up.

4 Likes

I actually had a BOB as I call it last weekend for the first time in a long time. My order is sausage breakfast on a bun, add jalapeños, no egg, so it’s basically a sausage cheese and jalapeño burger. I’m not a fan of fast food eggs. But this time, for the first time, they asked me if I wanted it “ranchero”. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I assumed that they were just going to throw in a packet of tomato salsa, so I said no.

1 Like

What country do you live in? :joy:

2 Likes

Northern California - which is sort of like its own country! :laughing:

2 Likes

There were Whataburgers in Phoenix when I lived there but I never ate at one.
Now Patrick Mahomes has a Whataburger empire in KC (he missed them) and I’m in Oregon.
:cowboy_hat_face:
I’ll just have to make do with In & Out.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That may be all it is now, I don’t know. A few of my brain cells have shuffled on off since then but I can’t remember the egg. Was it a ‘real’ egg, or something like Mcd"s? I know wasn’t a runny egg.

The sausage wasn’t great but it was a thicker patty as I recall, so more filling and satisfying, to me.

W was in my regular breakfast rotation but I went there less frequently than other spots because the drive through could be very unpredictable. I think they were still claiming ‘we don’t start until you tell us to’ for their burgers back then.

We don’t have them either. I have heard of them but only like 15-20 states have them :joy:

It’s a real egg, cooked in a ring for uniformity. It’s not bad at all for fast food egg, but it seems like every breakfast item on every menu has egg in it and sometimes you just don’t feel like an egg. Haha

1 Like
2 Likes

I gotta say Ipse, I’ve loved your handle since CH days :+1::+1: