What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

A very nice Cali sparking wine.

1 Like

Visited Cité du vin museum in Bordeaux in the beginning of the week.

Recommended for anyone that is interested in wine.

The entrance ticket of 20€ includes 1 glass of wine for dégustation on the 9th floor. I choose a German Riesling, Mr. naf chose a glass of Georgian white.

1 Like

A Riesling from Alsace.

A bit thin and acidic not a great example.

A Syrah/Grenache blend. Love Grenache but too soft and fruity on it’s own. Great as a blend. Very good understated example. Also a nice Argentinean Pinot noir ( not shown) pretty good, especially for Asia.

1 Like

Forgot to mention I’m in Hoi An, Vietnam

I went with a group of friends to a popular old school, red Italian restaurant for our annual Holiday dinner. We usually drink wines by the glass or beer but the Chianti they serve (Gabbiano)is kind of rough. I ordered a bottle of J Lohr Pinot Noir which I’ve never tried before. It was light and remarkably smooth, probably one of the smoothest and “drinkable” reds I’ve ever had. I’m no oenophile but this was quite good and enjoyed by everyone at the table. I will keep this on hand as my new “house red wine”.

1 Like

We have been enjoying Belleruche for a while now. A pretty good wine for about $10.00 a bottle in the Boston area.

Bogle Old Vine Zin - tasty and cheap

1 Like

Also Sant’ Evasio boxed Barbera - fruity and $5/bottle

14 Hands Hot to Trot White - got a decent Wine Enthusiast rating, so thought I’d give it a shot. Too sweet but doable.

Kendall-Jackson AVANT chardonnay - blend of 50% unoaked, 50% used oak. Really nice, light, and well balanced. https://www.kj.com/blog/what-makes-k-j-avant-chardonnay-different

2 Likes

Picked up three 91+ WS-rated wines at Costco for Turkey Day. Excited to try them but will try to be patient.

1 Like

Opened a red & a white this weekend

2012 Chat. de Segries Lirac
2012 Matanzas Creek “Journey” Sauvignon Blanc (Bennett Valley, Sonoma)

both received a solid 4 stars from me on my Vivino

A very nice Italian with some pasta.

4 Likes

Sticking with the Italian variatles this weekend. A nice Sangiovese blend from Napa.

5 Likes

A 2015 Chateau Ste Michelle Indian Wells Cab Sav - tasty!

1 Like

Tonight I had an outstanding 93 point 2013 Melipal red blend from Mendoza, Argentina that contained 61% Malbec, 31% Petit Verdot, and 8 % Cabernet Franc. Wine Library, in Springfield, NJ, briefly had it on sale for a steal at $15 earlier this week. It is still going for a very reasonable $18.

4 Likes

I had an excellent 2014 Domaine De Marcoux Chateauneuf Du Pape with dinner tonight at Tillie’s in Short Hills, NJ (dinner post in the NJ section).

5 Likes

Nice, can find your bottle 2014 for 48€ here.

2 Likes

Thanks naf! Wine Library had it on sale for $29.99 with a retail price of up to $65.00.

1 Like