What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

$30 on sale? unbeatable price! I wonder if I can find it at that price here (I live in France).

1 Like

Yes, it was briefly on sale. Now they have it for $49.99. I would think it would be cheaper in France, but not sure how much cheaper.

1 Like

The 2015 bottle I find it at 14,5€. I normally like Bordeaux more, but at that price, I wouldn’t mind getting a few bottles.

I read that 2015 is more concentrated compared to 2014’s freshness.

1 Like

The 2014 is light for a CDP and is closer to Bordeaux in taste. I cannot speak to the 2015.

1 Like

Tonight we had an awesome Le Plan Cotes Du Rhone.

4 Likes

$ 6.99 at Grocery Outlet . Medium red ,medium viscosity, medium aromas, black cherries, plum , newly refinished pine dresser . Low acidity, medium tannin. Very drinkable for a everyday wine .

2 Likes

love that Delbert cut…i still have the LP; always need a glass of vino in-hand whenever i Play it ! :wink:

Re: paryzer: very nice price on that CdP! I would have snapped up a few bottles if i saw that.

FYIs, the 2016 Southern Rhone reds (incl. CdP) seem to show a very , very nice vintage so far. I’ve already snapped up a number of the CdPs to lay down for a few years.

1 Like

Tonight I tried a 2017 Two Hands Angels’ Share Shiraz. It went perfectly with a melt in your mouth smoky and spicy Cajun spice dry rubbed boneless country rib :yum:

Thank you @taboni for the excellent wine recommendation!

6 Likes

You’re very welcome Ely that rib looks amazing!

1 Like

Thanks @taboni. The ribs were from http://samsbutchershop.com/
I highly recommend him. His andouille sausage and smoked salmon are awesome as well.

1 Like

This Cooper and Thief red wine blend from CA is turning into our favorite wine. It is aged in bourbon barrels for 3 months and is very smooth for a wine that contains 16% alcohol. You can taste a hint of bourbon. It is a real bargain for under $22. I highly recommend it.

3 Likes

I have been curious about the concept since seeing something similar st Sam’s Club. Might have to try it.

1 Like

I had an excellent peppery 2015 Titus Napa Red Zinfandel tonight. It went perfectly with a beautifully charred and medium rare NY strip steak :yum:

3 Likes

Our friends invited us over to their 40th wedding anniversary party and served an Imperial sized bottle of 1987 Kenwood Cabernet. An imperial sized bottle is 6 litres or the equivalent of 8 regular bottles of wine. This 32 year old bottle of wine was very good.

5 Likes

Great indeed! It would be perfect if the bottle was the same age as the birthday person!

1 Like

Yes, they couldn’t find a bottle from 1979 :slightly_smiling_face:

Imperial size, it’s very difficult. Normal size would be easy.

Yes, they wanted the Imperial size because they were serving over 25 people. It also makes a nicer presentation. That bottle was huge. I thought it was for display. I guess it takes longer to age a larger bottle like that as opposed to a regular sized .750 litre bottle of wine. They also displayed an empty bottle of the 1996 Imperial sized Kenwood Cabernet (artist addition) that they opened for their 35th anniversary.

2 Likes

Nice! Actually you need how many people to lift up that bottle to serve in glasses?

1 Like

Thanks. He had poured the bottle into several decanters before we arrived. I’m not sure how many people he needed to lift it :smile: It was pretty heavy empty, so I can imagine how much it must have weighed full.

2 Likes