What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

I first had this at my favorite wine bar , terroir, and was happy to find it at a wine shop over the weekend. Slightly sweet and verrryyyy easy to drink!

Last night, 2009 Muga Reserva Rioja.

2006 Vale do Bomfim, red table wine from the Douro, produced by Dow’s.

1 Like

Cali Pinot.

"

I cannot attest as to every vintage since 1380, but – hands down! – my favorite Chavignol producer of the last 20+ vintages…

1 Like

this is a pretty basic wine but will go nicely with the Pierre Franey zuchinni tomato pasta sauce I am making.

2011 Primus Carmenere from Chile
2012 Tikal Patriota (Malbec/Bonarda) from Argentina

Both are good, the Primus is a little more earthy and does not have the nice acidity of the Patriota. The Patriota will age better and has a better balance of smokey black fruit with enough acidity to hold it all together. I prefer the Patriota of the two.

Deleted

Halloween candy for adults

Did you get gummis liquored up? Did you know you can? It’s kind of fun. :smile:

Matthiasson Rose 2014.

not today (it’s only 9:30!), but last night:

1 Like

Please tell us more. The name speaks to me personally.

1 Like

lolz. the wines are lovely but can be unstable. every bottle gets opened with trepidation.

Unstable in that you’ve opened bottles that were off/spoiled? I just read online and it sounds like something I’d enjoy:
http://sasswinery.com/our-wines/

yes. they aren’t certified, but practice biodynamic methods. wild yeast, etc. can be a bit of a crapshoot, but when sound they are truly wonderful ones.

have been in a bad patch with lots of off-wines the last few weeks. not any sass though!

1 Like

Gotcha. I’ll try to find some Sass to enhance my own (sass). :wink: Thanks!

don’t blame me for any ensuing instability!

2 Likes