What to use after plastic straw ban?

I bring metal containers to restaurants because it’s a given that I’ll have leftovers. I’ve been doing it for years now. Glad to see more people doing it!

2 Likes

I’ve been bringing the old containers I got before (or that my friend who gets a lot of take-out gives me). They are all microwavable so it is very convenient to re-heat things. (As I probably noted above, my main gripes with styrofoam are that the containers don’t seal so sauces can slop over, your whole refrigerator smells of whatever you bring home, and whatever is in them dries out; and it also can’t be microwaved or heated in the oven.)

Since we’ve been in Hawaii we’ve only gotten paper straws with our drinks; surprisingly they hold up quite well, especially compared to the various paper types I’ve bought.

1 Like

I got a couple of metal straws, I liked them okay until one clanged into my front tooth, which caused me to think about the dental implications. I do have a silicone straw that I like really well. It has a bigger bore so it’s easy to clean.

1 Like

Delete