What the heck, it's October. Boston Ma, openings AND closings!!!

sorry, I am impacted by a house move and have failed to start the new October thread for this sort of thing for the Boston area. If you’ve got good updates, here’s where they go.

Lamplighter Brewery in Cambridge just opened partly now and more fully by the end of the month. According to their site “Our doors are open Thursday to Sunday, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. for growlers fills, and you can find us on tap around Cambridge. The taproom is only a few weeks behind, and should be open in mid to late October.”

1 Like

Tatte in Harvard Square is open. A huge upgrade over Panera to be sure. They did a nice job with the space and handled a capacity crowd very well for opening day. It’s a nice option to have in the neighborhood.

I found out recently- well it’s actually been a while- that Tatte now has connections to panera business wise. I was worried it might affect quality and was really sad to hear it but luckily that hasn’t happened and it’s still as good as it ever was. The pistachio croissant has my heart. I have dreams about it. The chocolate hazelnut roses… The butter cookies with dulce de leche… I think I need to go.

Ooohhh, pistachio croissant. The nut boxes aren’t too shabby, either.

I had been concerned too, but so far no decline in quality, ingredients, portions or service. It seems as if they are managing it as a separate entity. It certainly could eventually fall off if they expand too quickly or some clueless suit decides to force a combinatopm operations for economies of scale. Let’s hope not though. It clear that a lot of thought and care was taken in designing the new space.

This was the statement from Tatte founder Tazurit Or when the deal went down. Hopefully she had good lawyers to get this all iron clad:
“I am excited to share with you that Panera Bread Company made an investment in Tatte Bakery & Cafe. We are partners now. We will continue to operate as an independent company, with access to select Panera resources to support our growth. It took me many years to find the right partner for Tatte, for us. The partner that will allow us to grow the right way, our way, the Tatte way and to be able to bring Tatte to as many people possible. I am extremely honored and excited by this partnership and by the welcome and support I’ve received from Panera founder and CEO Ron Shaich and his entire leadership. I am honored to be part of this amazing talented and supportive team of people.”

Someone brought one of those nutlogs (are those the nut boxes?)in to work, and it was divine.

Oh, sorry, that is probably just a name my husband and I made up for them and I thought it was the real thing. I’m sure it’s the same thing. They are divine.

1 Like

The DTX location of Sweetgreen has been temporarily shuttered for health code violations. This is becoming a troubling trend after the the Boylston Street location had a similar closure in August. I likes me an overpriced salad but…

Brewer’s tap and table in waltham on moody St is opening this weekend!!! Wow it took along time

It appears they are doing an opening event by ticket only (50 people per night if I remember) this Friday and Saturday as a soft open. Details were on their Facebook page.

supreme bbq is opening in the old avellino’s location on eastern ave in malden

long time Harvard Square stop Cafe Algiers is being shuttered.

http://www.cambridgeday.com/2016/10/23/harvard-square-classic-cafe-algiers-closing-forever-sunday-after-abrupt-announcement/

Sad. Wish I had had the chance to return during the last few years.

Jin’s is open in Coolidge Corner.