What’s on your mind?

I had gym class as a sophomore with Dr Phil, along with all the Biffs who were senior football players.
Dodgeball was a torture exercise. Cannon fodder.
My most famous classmate would be pro bowler Bob Handley. Make your own conclusions.

s-l400

3 Likes

bbq boy that is not a ridiculous assumption. Conan (not his real name) is very very hairy. Even the back of his hands sport reddish hair. And he is very good at giving the puppy dog eyes to manipulate people. He doesn’t steal my food but if I get up for a very quick trip to the ladies room and there is an abundance of wine left from the byob feast at a restaurant no matter how fast I am the wine bottle will have mysteriously sprung a serious leak. Plus he loves werewolves in d and d and card games etc and really wants to buy some red tinted contact lenses someday. He is housebroken though.

3 Likes

Werewolf or swearwolf?

4 Likes

I often cringe at what I have written. It isn’t that I am illiterate. It is that I am hasty, and SpellCheck is instantaneous but incapable of believing what I tried to type.

4 Likes

Nevermind.

1 Like

Okay; NBA finals.

Were heh heh heh

1 Like

Reading stuff online for the last time for the foreseeable future. The electricity board is going to disconnect power in one hour. Trade union action. Then I’ll be back when things get better. Don’t know when.

6 Likes

Oh my, wish it weren’t so. Good luck, and hope to see you posting again soon.

4 Likes

Be well and good luck.

3 Likes

Best wishes our friend. See you soon!

3 Likes

I hate when someone’s moniker becomes a real life scenario.
Take care. And you’re always welcome in Oregon :cat:

6 Likes

:scream::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:hoping for the best

3 Likes

All the best.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone, miraculously they called off the union action for a week.
The reason is that the Electricity Board engineers don’t let the government start renewable energy projects. They push on diesel and coal plants because some of the contractors are the engineers themselves. They get some of the highest salaries in the country, and threaten with strikes when things don’t go their way. It’s a mafia.
They started switching off the grid entirely last night at 12 midnight. Then the president has had a discussion and some sort of promises have been made. They weren’t made public.

People are calling for the privatization of the EB but there will be huge union action if that’s done. So the best now is to let private companies start renewable energy projects. A US company has been given green light already, and another Indian company is entering too. That’s what those engineers are against.

8 Likes

Here’s some reports about it http://www.adaderana.lk/news/82946/ceb-engineers-call-off-strike-after-talks-with-president
http://www.adaderana.lk/news/82952/court-issues-enjoining-order-against-cebeu-
Today the court has issued an order against union action. But these engineers respect no laws. lol.
Anyway I took some photos of ripe jakfruit I ate last week. I’ll post them tomorrow. Need to reduce them to post here. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No electricity sucks So glad it did not happen. Not sure where to post this because it is hardly dinner plus I do tend to ramble on. But hey there might be a picture. I keep trying to like this place in beautiful downtown Lansdale Pa and when I saw this post I got drawn in. https://www.facebook.com/SBKCafeLansdale/photos/a.207640140153790/883144749269989/ Well the quest was a fail but the journey was amazing. Been reading that a brief amiable chat with a stranger is a good thing. No gps and the one in my brain is wonky so I had trouble finding this cafe. I wanted to park behind the cafe. I was way off but parked next to a small apartment building, maybe four units. As I was exiting the car an older Asian gentleman emerged and lit up a cigarette. I thought maybe he would scold me for parking there but then I cast my eyes on his tiny perfect raised bed garden and my eyes almost fell out of my head. It was beautiful and well tended and loved. I am no extrovert but I could not help complimenting him on his lovely garden. He was pleased and started to tell me “basil, tomatoes, peppers…” with pride. Then my dog Harley started barking breaking the beautiful spell. We moved on past the independent ice cream stand. I was feeling warm and that place sells “pup cups” too. But I wanted to try those pastries from another family owned business. That they still had pastries left should have been a red flag. I wisely ordered only one, and a cold orange soda in a glass bottle. I took a nibble and I am proud of myself that I did not spit it out. The lady behind the counter swooned over my pocket book. Many people do, even a middle aged dude wrangling carts at Costco. Well he didn’t actually swoon he just exclaimed “that’s a beautiful bag!” See how I ramble? The cafe was quiet and the lady confessed her love of purses. I told her where she could buy one for cheap and explained how practical the designer bag is. Fun conversation. So I went home well fed anyway. Doubt I will be back, as they tend to mess up a good thing. Plus soon oh so soon fireflies or as my mom called them June Bugs, black raspberries and many orange day lilies.
Cooking can get a bit too creative if you ask me:

We are continuously impressed by our kitchen chef’s creativity when working with seasonal produce.
Today make sure to grab one of these limited pastries filled with a fresh basil cream cheese and local strawberries. They are a true spring time delicacy!

2 Likes

On June 14, 1777 the American flag was adopted for the new Nation: United States of America.

Beginning today this is National Flag Week with Tuesday being Flag Day.

I’ve been flying the Thin Blue Line flag since Friday but today it’s back to Old Glory.

:us:
🫡

4 Likes

Love flag day. Thanks for the reminder. I must have been three when my mom told me it was flag day. She was setting me up with a little picnic lunch in the yard at my grandparents’ farm. It was so hot and humid. My mother commented on the heat and I answered with the wisdom of a three year old that yes it was hot. I smiled. I loved the heat. The cold too. I am friends with Jim Leff on fb but he yet again posted about the defining moment of the sixties. I understand he was trying to be clever but I reminded him of the line from The Vietnam song. “be the first one on your block to have your boy sent home in a box.”

2 Likes