What’s on your mind?

I…think you can?

2 Likes

@linguafood that he is. He’s not actually knowledgeable to handle the course. He’s so insecure.
@small_h he thinks you can’t. Lol. He thinks that geopolitics is a word that should be used with/on a map. Lol.
These guys should at least read some BBC or CNN or even a Russian site I don’t mind, in order to get used to some basic English.

1 Like

Alot on my mind . Forgot to put water in the bialletti. Smelled something a little different when making coffee. I’ll be ordering a new gasket for it .

2 Likes

That so sounds like something i would do…
I retired my little Bialetti but my fancy Illy machine was not playing its A-game this year.
I may break out the Bialetti when i get home again.
I am in the land of Flat Whites right now.

2 Likes

Even pizzerias in Romania make jokes about pineapple on pizza. My little corner of Canada, where Hawaiian pizza was invented by Greek immigrant (Sam Panopoulos- I went to university with his nephew, so y’all are 3 degrees of separation from the Inventor of Hawaiian pizza), is known around the world.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1672527021636

10 Likes

Tempus fugit.

I can’t believe it’s no longer 2022…

3 Likes

I for one am happy to see the last of 2022. Here’s a new thread for the new year.

6 Likes

Me too - good riddance to 2022, wishing for a better 2023!!

6 Likes

And…

7 Likes

OMG - too funny, but exactly the way I feel.

1 Like

A group of guide course students is climbing the Adam’s Peak today. They invited me but I said no as I wanted to rest a bit after the exam-it was held yesterday and the day before. Approximately 1 hour to midnight now. They must be halfway to the summit. I wish I had joined them.

7 Likes

Hope all went well with the exam!

2 Likes

Yes Kim thanks, I think I got more than average marks. But it’s a very gray area because we never get the marked answer scripts back to check. So they can do whatever they wish. Lol. It’s a very strange place, and quite different from what I expected. Still I have hopes.

3 Likes

Sounds stressful. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

Exactly the situation is that. On 17th we have the technical tour. 5 days. It should be enjoyable but I will find it all stressful without knowing whether I will pass or not. I mean if it’s a fair game then I’ll pass for sure. No doubt whatsoever. But with their selective justice I only have hope and stressful waiting. Lol.
I’ll post here what happens.

7 Likes

Well I hope the game is fair and you succeed. Please let us know how you make out.

1 Like
3 Likes

https://www.kansascity.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/cityscape/article271361802.html

1 Like

Having bought French fries and a mixed drink from a vending machine (in Montreal and Tokyo, respectively), why the hell not?

3 Likes